Training Preseason 22-23

Remove this Banner Ad

Geez it’s not very inspiring if so (obviously Bont & Macrae aside who won’t/shouldn’t play there much)

Williams, Rourke, McNeil & maybe McComb? (Hard to tell but looks like 5% of his head 😂)
Maybe it was just a group of players doing a training drill

Geez it’s not very inspiring if so (obviously Bont & Macrae aside who won’t/shouldn’t play there much)

Williams, Rourke, McNeil & maybe McComb? (Hard to tell but looks like 5% of his head 😂)
We have quite a lot of options at wing, none of which are inspiring so it'll be up to a player (s) to step up and grab the role.

Williams, Roarke & Baker are the obvious ones. Then I guess McNeil, Bedendo, Jones, Hannan and some other bit part players will be in the mix.

We have quite a lot of options at wing, none of which are inspiring so it'll be up to a player (s) to step up and grab the role.

Williams, Roarke & Baker are the obvious ones. Then I guess McNeil, Bedendo, Jones, Hannan and some other bit part players will be in the mix.
Yeah I’m praying Williams steps up and owns the role as he has all the right attributes. I still think we’ll see a lot of Treloar/Baz through wing/HFF whilst rotating through the middle to chop out Libba, Macrae (who should be in the guts for 100% of their on-field minutes, no rotating wing/fwd just bench or on ball for mine) and Bont.

McLean another option who could spend some time there, I’d also be open to Dale if we think we can get enough drive from HB out of Daniel & Richards or possibly even if Cleary or a surprise like Gallagher can step up and release Dale. Rourke is good depth but I’d be disappointed if he plays many games unless injury’s hit.

I like McNeil as a pressure fwd but I doubt there’d be two worse wingers in the league than McComb & McNeil - they’ve got strengths to their game and there’s roles they’re suited to at AFL level but wing isn’t a position either can play, neither should spend a minute there IMO just terribly suited to the postion.

Bedendo could be the surprise packet too, realistically I think we’re praying one of Williams, Bedendo or McLean can step up and lock down the spot otherwise it’s going to be another terribly frustrating year rotating players through who just have zero influence on the outside. I doubt the club knows what the wings will look like round 1, not to mention round 10, at this stage

(Log in to remove this ad.)

An article of AFL.com.au summarises our rehab group at the moment. Not too many major concerns.

Wounded Dogs: Surgery for gun mid, injury-prone flag forward

Treloar - Post-season ankle surgery. Expected to be back in full training early in the new year.
Darcy - Infection from an ingrown hair in his knee (yes that’s correct)
McLean - Hand injury sustained at training. Expected back in full training in Jan but at least it won’t affect his fitness levels.
West - Knee soreness, expected back in full training later this month.

Impressed with Bont directing players and going by the look on the players face maybe giving some stern advice. Hopefully Webb is learning something from the great man while he watches on in awe. Big load on Bont this year. Maybe he has decided to take on a coaching role as well noting his rumoured disappointment in the coaching and some of the player group post season. We can’t waste this Great‘s remaining years without more success. He deserves to be a Premiership Captain, brownlow medalist and all time great.

Impressed with Bont directing players and going by the look on the players face maybe giving some stern advice. Hopefully Webb is learning something from the great man while he watches on in awe. Big load on Bont this year. Maybe he has decided to take on a coaching role as well noting his rumoured disappointment in the coaching and some of the player group post season. We can’t waste this Great‘s remaining years without more success. He deserves to be a Premiership Captain, brownlow medalist and all time great.
Bont knows how everyone CAN play and how he WANTS them to play, without any shitty distractions like LH and JD. The coaches will learn a lot from this Bullgod.

Good. Big season for him!
Hopefully more up the ground too.
With Dunkley gone and hopefully going back to a more traditional 4-5 man midfield structure, I'd like to see Caleb at half forward pushing up as the extra man around the stoppage.

Give Ed more responsibility as the running defender with Dale (Duryea lockdown).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back