Training Preseason chat 2022

THE A5

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
There isn’t one yet so might as well make one.

I see our young guys don’t return to trainings till the 22nd of Nov. literally more than 3 months after the season ended. Seems as if preseaons get shorter by the year.

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Is the long lay-off something to do with the late finish to the 2020 season?
I think they changed this in the last collective bargaining agreement so they have a longer holiday. If you play in the Grand Final, you only start back just before Christmas. I think that's why coaches talk a lot about players staying fit in the off-season, as there isn't a lot of time to build general fitness.

Reminds me of how many of our players were coming off injuries last pre-season, no wonder our fitness was so s**t during the season.

Oct 17, 2017
Puppies
AFL Club
West Coast
Im just waiting to see how long it is before someone drops the classic training narrative post into this thread.

How about we give this overused unfunny joke a rest?
Its right up there with posting Gee on anything to do with Venables and putting Jack Watts as a pole option as embarrassing crap just clogging up threads.

Sep 28, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Reading FC
There isn’t one yet so might as well make one.

I see our young guys don’t return to trainings till the 22nd of Nov. literally more than 3 months after the season ended. Seems as if preseaons get shorter by the year.
Seems about right. Senior players came back in December in 2019 which was our last normal (non covid) season.

THE A5

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
This stat kinda suggest to me Gaffy was carrying something this season. I’d say only Tom Scully in the past has bettered him.
85CF9B8C-5A0E-479E-93CC-C57F8B53DDE3.png

Doesn't seem like many of our players are even attempting a pre-season early.

So many of our players are still enjoying themselves ( rightly so with the way the rules are) but i would have thought with the squad thinking they were in contention they would be up and about early to get ready for next year...
Fear not, cherub.
Just engrave the thing now.

willie.jpg

Doesn't seem like many of our players are even attempting a pre-season early.

So many of our players are still enjoying themselves ( rightly so with the way the rules are) but i would have thought with the squad thinking they were in contention they would be up and about early to get ready for next year...
Nah, there were a fair few boys running laps and kicking around when I went past a few weeks ago. I recall Witherden, Nelson, Cole, McGovern (albeit slowly), Kelly, Shuey, Ryan, Rotham, Petch, H Edwards, Williams and I think there were more I didn’t notice at the far end.

Kelly in particular looked focused, unlike most he was running by himself and at a good pace. Looked sharp.

Feb 26, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Nah, there were a fair few boys running laps and kicking around when I went past a few weeks ago. I recall Witherden, Nelson, Cole, McGovern (albeit slowly), Kelly, Shuey, Ryan, Rotham, Petch, H Edwards, Williams and I think there were more I didn’t notice at the far end.

Kelly in particular looked focused, unlike most he was running by himself and at a good pace. Looked sharp.
Anyone curling a few beauties from behind the boundary line?

Back