Training Preseason chat 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

you wouldn't think you would stop a players training block with the club if they super impressive. Maybe they want to give the other guys equal opportunity, but seems if he was killing it they would keep him on. Right?
What happened last time? Cant remember if Nic Reid or Jones kept training through preseason or only a block.

All comes down to what train on player has the most runs with Simmo.

Probably the bloke who says "Huddle it up boys", and "those at the back, get your way to the front" when the team is doing the warm up lap.

Not launching the footys at goal from 70m out also helps.

All comes down to what train on player has the most runs with Simmo.

Probably the bloke who says "Huddle it up boys", and "those at the back, get your way to the front" when the team is doing the warm up lap.

Not launching the footys at goal from 70m out also helps.

I think your forgetting the classic “tight like a tiger” when referring to how close the boys should be while running said warm up lap

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They've got ages to make a decision, but that also means Ditty isn't allowed to go back now he's finished his stint, right?

Don't think you can just have train on players for an extended period. Or the club would probably have Fraser Mcinnes back.

I was gonna try to get to training today but am doing some extra study for work, and that got in the way.

If anyone is there can you pls keep a lookout for my amazing player, Luke Edwards? As his sponsor, I have been trying to find some photos of him at the Eagles training but haven't spotted him as yet. :)

What is Clark up to?

From the photo's standing up in a tackle by Gaff. Clark is one big boy.

Haven't read too much about his preseason at all.

How good would it be if West and Clark lifted our midfield production and defense. Add in Rioli and there is three names that could improve us exactly where we need improvement.

I'm not expecting a huge amount from Clark to be honest.

Huge step up from dominating midfielders like Ainsworth, O'Neil and Hamish Brayshaw to AFL.

Just some toughness and hunger around the contest with those tackle numebers is all i ask for. Hopefully it inspires the other "A Grade" mids to lift.

I'm not expecting a huge amount from Clark to be honest.

Huge step up from dominating midfielders like Ainsworth, O'Neil and Hamish Brayshaw to AFL.

Just some toughness and hunger around the contest with those tackle numebers is all i ask for. Hopefully it inspires the other "A Grade" mids to lift.

If we get from him what we got from Hutchings in terms of bolstering the bottom six in the 22/top four outside of it, then we've done very well imho.

Side note: is it just me or is this the quietest pre-season thread we've ever had?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back