Training Preseason Chat - It's happening again ...

Remove this Banner Ad

I have to get through just three more horrible days before I’m on leave. I’ve already decided that I’m going to spend Monday morning at Gosches Paddock with all the other sad cases.
You are now through one of the days.

He did finish 10th in the B & F.... Yes, it was a low bar, but I would say his career was actually more 'on the line' twelve months ago when he couldn't get a game
Nah, if (and big if) there is a bit of luck on the injury side, hunt gets pushed out of the wing by Tomlinson/Langdon etc, and as a forward he is pushed out by melksham, Vandenberg, Hannan etc.

Really want him to succeed but the writing is on the wall now. He doesn't get a lot of it, and he's not the most reliable kick.

End of his career then. He needs to get back amongst the play and learn how to get some easy ball on the wing.

As we have discussed he was one of our best lead up forwards this year (which says a lot about the team) but he can't make that his niche in the team. We would have by far the worst wingers in the league, no one can play there. Hunt has all the attributes to play on a wing, except football smarts which is crucial for a wing.

As we have discussed he was one of our best lead up forwards this year (which says a lot about the team) but he can't make that his niche in the team. We would have by far the worst wingers in the league, no one can play there. Hunt has all the attributes to play on a wing, except football smarts which is crucial for a wing.
Unless he becomes a tackling machine like Puopolo I think he will play a fair amount of 2s footy this year

Know a decent shop we can get him fitted out?
??
shop-front1.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Petracca genuinely chasing the midfield time makes me happy. Think he offers a different dimension to our other mids, can actually stand over the ball and absorb tacklers before he dishes off.
Even better is he can side step or shake a tackler and accelerate away from the contest which breaks lines and gives the forwards something to lead at. It's much easier to lead to a moving midfielder than to a stationary target

Petracca is too fat ...
725858_lp.jpg
This photo looks like several different photos stuck together slightly wrongly. Also, at first glance I thought it might be capturing the precise moment of doing his left acl.

Even better is he can side step or shake a tackler and accelerate away from the contest which breaks lines and gives the forwards something to lead at. It's much easier to lead to a moving midfielder than to a stationary target
You really did invent this game. lol. Breaking news. And is it much easier for a stationary kicker to kick to a moving target? haha And of course leading to a moving midfielder is easier on the proviso that there isn't a defender or opposition player making the kicker change direction. You ever played footy peanut.

Last edited:
You really did invent this game. lol. Breaking news. And is it much easier for a stationary kicker to kick to a moving target? haha And of course leading to a moving midfielder is easier on the proviso that there isn't a defender or opposition player making the kicker change direction. You ever played footy peanut.
Hahahahaha you been here like a month and you already given out free head space.
Good one mate really got me a beauty 👍

Am I alone in thinking that every 3 or so months another fresh faced crusader comes in to go 16 rounds with topkent?

Always seems to end the same way, rightly or wrongly
Pretty sure its the same *******s starting new accounts. Bloke knows alot around here for someone whos only been around a month.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back