Training Preseason Chat - It's happening again ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Herald Sun have just published a story regarding Bennell - understood he has a minor calf strain. Any other player and it would be barely news worthy but for Bennell this is not good at all.

Herald Sun have just published a story regarding Bennell - understood he has a minor calf strain. Any other player and it would be barely news worthy but for Bennell this is not good at all.
Just seen the headline. hopefully its just precautionary. in the article is it the club saying it or someone running with something theyve heard?

A demonland poster said they overheard him on Monday talking to fitness staff saying his calf was tight. Maybe just needs to slow it up for a bit. But no looking good.
Yeah I was thinking that too, so you'd think it'd be the same occurrence.

If it is, then I'm fairly sure he was also jogging laps and kicking the footy on Wednesday, so it must be VERY minor, but of course, given his history, it's still an issue.

HS article about Bennell has no confirmation or comment at all from the club at 2:20pm on Saturday.
As others have said, he left the track Monday but was back Wednesday. So this either occurred on Friday during the closed session, or is old news that has since been debunked

HS article about Bennell has no confirmation or comment at all from the club at 2:20pm on Saturday.
As others have said, he left the track Monday but was back Wednesday. So this either occurred on Friday during the closed session, or is old news that has since been debunked
I wonder if word got out about the tightness. And the story has grown legs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon use the SSP to nab 1-2 other players, and simply wait till the midseason to pick Bennell up. Let him take his time and get his body right.
Not bad in theory. But if we are further up the ladder there will be other clubs watching his progress that will pick before us.

I reckon use the SSP to nab 1-2 other players, and simply wait till the midseason to pick Bennell up. Let him take his time and get his body right.

I think at this stage the evidence is conclusive that his body will never be right. Even after seeing the best experts in the world and a bunch of new surgeries and he comes back and it goes again after some light training loads.

You guys should stay clear

I think at this stage the evidence is conclusive that his body will never be right. Even after seeing the best experts in the world and a bunch of new surgeries and he comes back and it goes again after some light training loads.

You guys should stay clear
Yeah cheers, I'm sure the club will be devastated you aren't backing them in there huge risk to let him train with us without a contract.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back