Training Preseason Chat - It's happening again ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Gawn, McDonald & May are concerning by name only.

Be more concerned if the club gives them the old 426 treatment

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk
Agree. The important part of preseason is theoretically done right (non-professional internet view obviously) which is building the right fitness base to work from. So niggles and injuries managed now are less concerning then, for example, beginning of last year where numbers hadn’t reached a solid fitness base.

I reserve the right to change my view if we start 0-6 obviously

Agree. The important part of preseason is theoretically done right (non-professional internet view obviously) which is building the right fitness base to work from. So niggles and injuries managed now are less concerning then, for example, beginning of last year where numbers hadn’t reached a solid fitness base.

I reserve the right to change my view if we start 0-6 obviously
May & McDonald are just slightly more concerning as they seem to constantly get soft tissue niggles/injuries

May & McDonald are just slightly more concerning as they seem to constantly get soft tissue niggles/injuries

At least this is the first issue for McDonald all preseason, and even the fact that he trained in the rehab group, rather than sit out or walk laps suggests it might just be a management thing, hopefully anyway.

While May's issue isn't anything soft tissue or structural, the amount of time he's lost is becoming a bit of a concern, although he did at least get back to full training while on the Sunny Coast, hopefully he's back on track this week, giving him over a month until Round 1, which is plenty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like club is withholding information about injuries again, because they said he'd only miss one week of training.
Maybe he has missed only one week of training, but the load management is ultra cautious.

Looks like club is withholding information about injuries again, because they said he'd only miss one week of training.
He's only had about a week of training this year. Round 1 is about 5 weeks away, happy to take all of that time to reload him and get him cherry ripe to avoid another situation like last year with him.

Much better than taking the risk in rushing him back to play Marsh2

Not sure eerie is how id describe the feeling of inevitability called the MFC
This club never fails to disappoint me further.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back