Training Preseason Chat - It's happening again ...

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Maybe we do preventative surgery. Replace all shoulders with metal alloy frames, and all leg tendons with some kind of unbreakable rubber.

I thought I'd try and find a few amusing images to post of rubber / metal cyborgs. Don't Google "rubber men".

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Why? Does your picture appear? :rolleyes:

giphy.gif

Cobwebs

Team Captain
Oct 21, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
Some photo's from Mondays training.

Attachments

• Preuss.PNG
    Preuss.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 90
  • Weid.PNG
    Weid.PNG
    1 MB · Views: 91
  • Training..PNG
    Training..PNG
    866.7 KB · Views: 88
  • Monday.PNG
    Monday.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 84

Cannon82

Cancelled
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Preuss looks like he's holding a kid's football.
That’s Kysaiah Pickett

Also my phone has already learned how to autocorrect Kysaiah even though I’ve never typed it before. Lock him in at 10 folks, the scriptwriters have decided.

Cannon82

Cancelled
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
That’s Kysaiah Pickett

Also my phone has already learned how to autocorrect Kysaiah even though I’ve never typed it before. Lock him in at 10 folks, the scriptwriters have decided.

Kysaiah Pickett is smaller, redder and has more laces on him than I thought he would.

Cobwebs

Team Captain
Oct 21, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
Some snippets on todays training effort. Trac has turned up and trained with no discomfort evidently. There has been no report on Fritsch who Trac buried in the tackling drills other than he got up and looked okay. Training seems to be more physical orientated this year.. Trac Salem Oliver Brayshaw all having increased leg speed going by some track watchers. Pretty much it so far.

HANDSOLO

Club Legend
May 19, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Broncos
Some snippets on todays training effort. Trac has turned up and trained with no discomfort evidently. There has been no report on Fritsch who Trac buried in the tackling drills other than he got up and looked okay. Training seems to be more physical orientated this year.. Trac Salem Oliver Brayshaw all having increased leg speed going by some track watchers. Pretty much it so far.

do they mean cadence?

Um what
What a load of horse s**t haha.
I mean it's possible to physically train to increase speed and power. But at the elite level you might get a 2% increase because of diminishing returns and how some punter notices that from the sideline I dunno.

More likely the coaches are just asking them to use the pace they always had out of stoppages instead of handballing 1m to a flat footed team mate instantly.

On Mi A2 Lite using BigFooty.com mobile app

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I mean it's possible to physically train to increase speed and power. But at the elite level you might get a 2% increase because of diminishing returns and how some punter notices that from the sideline I dunno.

More likely the coaches are just asking them to use the pace they always had out of stoppages instead of handballing 1m to a flat footed team mate instantly.

On Mi A2 Lite using BigFooty.com mobile app
They've been back for pre season for like 2 weeks. If they are noticeably faster in 2 weeks of training then Misso must have been running them around with leg weights.

saj_21

Cancelled
Melbourne Board Tipping Champion
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
They've been back for pre season for like 2 weeks. If they are noticeably faster in 2 weeks of training then Misso must have been running them around with leg weights.

Under misson all players were off legs so impossible to improve leg speed

Back