Training Preseason Chat - It's happening again ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Demonland poster stated that he spoke to a trainer who said it was only precautionary. Full on brace going by the photo.
Precaution against what though? I hadn’t heard he had an injury

Absentees seem to be Max, Tommy, Milkshakes, Hibberd, Hannan, Jones, Pickett, one or the other Wagner maybe? (Not certain I care) Chandler. Probably others I have missed.
Attending Milkshakes wedding is the gossip,absentees will have a mimi training camp and head straight to Maroochydore for the camp. Not sure on Pickett.

Attending Milkshakes wedding is the gossip,absentees will have a mimi training camp and head straight to Maroochydore for the camp. Not sure on Pickett.
For some reason I thought the Melk was already married. Though I probably just guessed that bit because he has a baby.

That figures. There were a number of holes where our more experienced players are, so that would be the wedding attendees. No harm done. It was a relatively gentle session. Nice to put something on for kids and jumper signing and so forth. Plus I had two sausage sizzles and talked to some dogs.

The official word on Gus and Bennell.

Gus will be on a modified program for 4 weeks. Not ideal, but he's at least able to run during that time.

Doesn't sound like this is the final nail in Bennell's coffin either, with minor setbacks anticipated. A DL poster mentioned he saw Harley this morning on the way over to the tan, so it sounds like he's still doing something.

The official word on Gus and Bennell.

Gus will be on a modified program for 4 weeks. Not ideal, but he's at least able to run during that time.

Doesn't sound like this is the final nail in Bennell's coffin either, with minor setbacks anticipated. A DL poster mentioned he saw Harley this morning on the way over to the tan, so it sounds like he's still doing something.
Bummer about Gus, but he was running well today - on top of the ground and all that (weird phrase that it is) so at least his fitness won’t take a hit. As for Harley, it’s not unexpected and I don’t think we should chuck in the towel just yet. That O’Meara dude reinjured his knee twice in his return after going to the Hawks.

One of the biggest takes for me was Viney. He worked bloody hard. In the run throughs at the end he pushed extremely hard. Led the way in every run through I think. He looks primed for a big year.

Oliver was in everything in match sim stuff. Did some nice kicks to. Although still loves a handball and I swear he has eyes in the back of his head.

Jetta is absolutely ripped.Looks in top shape. Hopefully back to 2018 form.

Jackson a great athlete. Also looks very sure by foot.

Preuss despite losing some weight is still a man mountain. Looks more agile to.

Lever got amongst it and really pushed himself in his running group at the end. Leading every run through.

Trac looks absolutely ripped. Not an inch of fat on him. Looked good in the track to.

Good to see AVB and Tomlinson in full training. AVB will add so much with his aggression. Tomlinson is the biggest bloody winger I’ve ever seen.

Langdon runs well obviously. He’ll be a very valuable pick up on a wing.

I liked the look of Petty. Surely he becomes a swing man but he’ll be up forward this year.

Took me a while to work out who Brown was. But made sense when I worked out it was him. Will be a handy addition.

Weideman getting bigger and moving really well.

Sparrow looks a player. A great passage of play in front of me saw him smother the lever kick. Then give Lever the don’t argue before disposing the footy.

Overall we are looking in good shape. Obviously we would have looked sharper with the guys who were at Melksham’s wedding.

One of the biggest takes for me was Viney. He worked bloody hard. In the run throughs at the end he pushed extremely hard. Led the way in every run through I think. He looks primed for a big year.

Oliver was in everything in match sim stuff. Did some nice kicks to. Although still loves a handball and I swear he has eyes in the back of his head.

Lever got amongst it and really pushed himself in his running group at the end. Leading every run through.

Trac looks absolutely ripped. Not an inch of fat on him. Looked good in the track to.

Good to see AVB and Tomlinson in full training. AVB will add so much with his aggression. Tomlinson is the biggest bloody winger I’ve ever seen.

I liked the look of Petty. Surely he becomes a swing man but he’ll be up forward this year.

Took me a while to work out who Brown was. But made sense when I worked out it was him. Will be a handy addition.

Sparrow looks a player. A great passage of play in front of me saw him smother the lever kick. Then give Lever the don’t argue before disposing the footy.

Overall we are looking in good shape. Obviously we would have looked sharper with the guys who were at Melksham’s wedding.
I’d agree with all of that - though it looked to be a lighter sort of session. Viney was my stand out for intensity, and Oliver my stand out for freak ball skills. I thought Lever looked very good too.

Oliver did clean up someone inadvertently which was nice - in a friendly kind of way. Might have been Fritch. Also that Jackson guy is all arms and legs at the moment - but I think he might be a gun. His athleticism is awesome and his leap is really impressive

I’d agree with all of that - though it looked to be a lighter sort of session. Viney was my stand out for intensity, and Oliver my stand out for freak ball skills. I thought Lever looked very good too.

Oliver did clean up someone inadvertently which was nice - in a friendly kind of way. Might have been Fritch. Also that Jackson guy is all arms and legs at the moment - but I think he might be a gun. His athleticism is awesome and his leap is really impressive
I think Oliver hurt himself in that contest. Maybe his ankle. Kinda scared me. Was glad he ran out the session post that.

Really like the look of Sparrow. Looks a player to me. I hope he makes it. Unfortunately we have several players similar to him. I hope he can break through as a mid rotation this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With news of Brayshaw having an elbow injury, coupled with Steven May having a cyst behind his knee, KK still unsighted, Nietsckhe a knee reco, Kade Chandler a wrist injury, Tomlinson struggling with a calf issue, Jones still on limited duties, Joel Smith standing on a crab shell and getting an infection, spargo struggling with a growth spurt/ankle, and whispers of oskar baker with a back/hamstring worry, I think it's time to acknowledge injuries as an excuse if things go pear shaped early in 2020.

With news of Brayshaw having an elbow injury, coupled with Steven May having a cyst behind his knee, KK still unsighted, Nietsckhe a knee reco, Kade Chandler a wrist injury, Tomlinson struggling with a calf issue, Jones still on limited duties, Joel Smith standing on a crab shell and getting an infection, spargo struggling with a growth spurt/ankle, and whispers of oskar baker with a back/hamstring worry, I think it's time to acknowledge injuries as an excuse if things go pear shaped early in 2020.
To be fair Jones Tomlinson Smith are back in training. May won’t be far behind. Brayshaw one is a pain as he’ll be touch and go for Marsh Series game 2 I’d say. Baker was running laps still the other day. Spargo in full training. No injury excuses now unless sh*t hits the fan.

To be fair Jones Tomlinson Smith are back in training. May won’t be far behind. Brayshaw one is a pain as he’ll be touch and go for Marsh Series game 2 I’d say. Baker was running laps still the other day. Spargo in full training. No injury excuses now unless sh*t hits the fan.
Too late markm106

Time for a thread title change to incorporate the world falling in, and the wheels falling off.

Plus I had two sausage sizzles and talked to some dogs.
Thanks for the training insights, always appreciated.

Side note - I've always considered the full event as the sausage sizzle, and the product consumed to be a sizzled sausage or, more commonly, a sausage in bread (sosso for short, the bread being implied). It's an interesting take you have and I'm not sure I like it

Side note - I've always considered the full event as the sausage sizzle, and the product consumed to be a sizzled sausage or, more commonly, a sausage in bread (sosso for short, the bread being implied). It's an interesting take you have and I'm not sure I like it
To be honest I questioned myself while posting that. I was just too lazy to think it through. I think I agree that two sausage sizzles should be two events, or at least two venues. Like two different Bunnings outlets.

Apologies for the intrusion but was wondering if any of your training watchers had any insights on how Rivers has been going?

Just saw a clip on facebook of Bennell kicking with his right foot on a very acute angle for goal up in Maroochydore. He nailed it. Last time I tried to post something from there it failed and some of you sooked, so you will have to look at it there or somewhere anyway. cheers. Nah, pinched off Demonland.

Last edited:

More offensive is use of the term "sosso". Surely you have a snag, not a sosso!

Apologies for the intrusion but was wondering if any of your training watchers had any insights on how Rivers has been going?
I don't understand why opposition supporters have to apologise. As long as you act decently and not like a flog you should be welcome here.
I can't answer your question though, sorry.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back