Training Preseason Chat - It's happening again ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Word from QLD is that Max has told a couple of people who asked is that he’ll be back in 3 weeks.
Don’t much care whether a) this is true, or b) if true, Max is correct. I still like it for the optimistic vibe that I’m trying to harvest.

And if he needs more time then meh - unleash the PREUSS

Don’t much care whether a) this is true, or b) if true, Max is correct. I still like it for the optimistic vibe that I’m trying to harvest.

And if he needs more time then meh - unleash the PREUSS
Funny thing about that ... he also wasn't training today, and had his knee strapped by the end ... and before you say "unleash the JACKSON" ... he didn't train either, and had ice on his achillies at the end.

I think (/hope) it was a light session with no plans on risking anyone with any niggles or recent ailments, as the list of players not partaking in a great deal was reminiscent of last year

Could be worse ....

Seems Maxy could be back in 3 weeks ,brace is precautionary , Bennell could be signed within the next 3 weeks according to Mahony

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I missed it, what was said?

Just reading between the lines I think they’ll do away with the co captaincy model, Mahoney mentioned they’ve done a complete overhaul of the leadership development in the club. Said they haven’t decided if they’ll go with a solo captain or co captains but I’m heavily favouring the former.

Just reading between the lines I think they’ll do away with the co captaincy model, Mahoney mentioned they’ve done a complete overhaul of the leadership development in the club. Said they haven’t decided if they’ll go with a solo captain or co captains but I’m heavily favouring the former.
Doesn't that also mean they could be considering Viney as sole captain?

Yeah, I reckon you're spot on going off of that, some a-grade deflection going on there. There is no way they wouldn't have decided if they're going solo or co-captains, and if they were staying co-capts he'd have said it's staying the same.

They'll be planning a big song and dance about it later in the week (with some clear air after the Superbowl) and don't want to give anything about it away.

Yeah, I reckon you're spot on going off of that, some a-grade deflection going on there. There is no way they wouldn't have decided if they're going solo or co-captains, and if they were staying co-capts he'd have said it's staying the same.

They'll be planning a big song and dance about it later in the week (with some clear air after the Superbowl) and don't want to give anything about it away.

Captain Max for sure.

Still hoping for Gawn as sole captain. Not sure who I want for VC yet though. No one particularly screaming out. Don't particularly rate Viney leadership wise. Just want him to get back to his best footy.

Still hoping for Gawn as sole captain. Not sure who I want for VC yet though. No one particularly screaming out. Don't particularly rate Viney leadership wise. Just want him to get back to his best footy.
VC not really important.
May or Lever would be good candidates but are returning from injury
Tmac but played so bad last year.

Probably just give it to Viney or Jones.

When I played footy I did a Grade 2 medial ligament strain in Feb and was back playing under 19s in round 2 and seniors by round 4.

AFL rehab program you'd expect to see Gawn playing round 1 easily.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back