https://cdndata.bigfooty.com/images/forumbackgrounds/bf-moderators.jpg

Unofficial Preview Preseason game 1 vs Bullflogs Friday Feb 21 Marvel 7:10pm (4 days to go)

roos_tt29

Team Captain
Oct 6, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Question to the masses: would you prefer to use this years' pre-season games to:

1) Play a pretty normal team - similar to last year with not too many changes each week (enough to get each player at least 1 game) OR
2) Play those who will be vying for spots. Tell them that this will totally count (on top of how they've gone through the pre-season) as to selection for Rnd 1?

Obviously both have their pros and cons, but keen to get a discussion going. I'm still undecided myself...

Firestarter

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 19, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Use it as a competition for spots. It remains to be seen if team selection will be as inflexible as years past so the depth players may not get a look in for a long time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Snake_Baker

L'enfant terrible
Apr 24, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
The Unicornia Reactants
Question to the masses: would you prefer to use this years' pre-season games to:

1) Play a pretty normal team - similar to last year with not too many changes each week (enough to get each player at least 1 game) OR
2) Play those who will be vying for spots. Tell them that this will totally count (on top of how they've gone through the pre-season) as to selection for Rnd 1?

Obviously both have their pros and cons, but keen to get a discussion going. I'm still undecided myself...
Probably deserves its own thread & poll mate.

DunderHead

Club Legend
Apr 12, 2007
AFL Club
North Melbourne
first game is always a testing ground, second game is the round 1 dress rehearsal. If we want to be ready for round 1 you don’t have much choice with that second game, in my opinion.

Saints have gone through a lot of change from last season to this season. They will play 2 games like a dress rehearsal and barring injury will be settled coming into round 1.

Right now and during intra clubs players should be battling for spots. Practice games should be used to iron out the kinks not determine the team - at least not more than a handful on the fringe.

Passmore

Norm Smith Medallist
May 22, 2001
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf

As close to full strength as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snake_Baker

L'enfant terrible
Apr 24, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
The Unicornia Reactants
It will be interesting to see if the Brad Scott "minutes" pre-season conditioning is repeated with scamper, as that process typically found us short when the season started, and then we had to play catch up as the side started to click.

I hope scamper has them tuned up for full bore football by the time we hit the practice matches and then play the matches under a realistic proper season format.

goalieboy82

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2007
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Fairfax Kangaroos
It will be interesting to see if the Brad Scott "minutes" pre-season conditioning is repeated with scamper, as that process typically found us short when the season started, and then we had to play catch up as the side started to click.

I hope scamper has them tuned up for full bore football by the time we hit the practice matches and then play the matches under a realistic proper season format.
he told me what his plans were for the upcoming season on Wednesday but i couldn't understand him.

goalieboy82

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2007
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Fairfax Kangaroos

speaking of which, someone should put Scamper's picture (if anyone from the team is on this board) in the Coaches office saying, if you fail us, he is your replacement...
10984.jpeg

Caracas

Premiership Player
Apr 3, 2008
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Man Utd, Celtic, Kildare
good point (but i was pointing it out if anyone from the Club is on this board can put the photo in the coaches office).
I was under the impression that Scamper has been occupying/running the office for a number of months already...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Waussie

Club Legend
Nov 26, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
44 days to go til first official prac match

hypothetical first intra club game could be within two weeks if we want to squeeze a few in before this match

Potential Aus day long weekend intra club match

City

B: Macmillan McKay Murphy

HB: McDonald Daw Ahern

C: Polec LDU Tyson

HF: Taylor Xerri Hall

F: Zurhaar Larkey Mahoney

R: Goldy Thomas Bonar

I: McGuinness Crocker

Unavailable Jacobs EVW Walker

Country

B: Marley Tarrant Durdin