Banter Preseason general discussion - The Reigning Premiers Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey fellas, great win last year, not that I saw it coming lol.

Just popping in to ask about Josh Kennedy for Supercoach, how's his preseason going so far? does he look fit and do you think he can maintain his usual high standards in 2019 or will this be the year his age starts to slow him a tad? He usually starts off the year with a big bag from memory, hope that continues, all the best for 2019, cheers.

Just popping in to ask about Josh Kennedy for Supercoach, how's his preseason going so far? does he look fit and do you think he can maintain his usual high standards in 2019 or will this be the year his age starts to slow him a tad? He usually starts off the year with a big bag from memory, hope that continues, all the best for 2019, cheers.
as much as i love him, it would be a very ballzy move to have JK in any sort of fantasy league, he will be managed very carefully to ensure he is there at the pointy end, (Jack Sweetheart on the other hand could have a very big year ;)) good luck for 2019

JK had surgery on his shoulder after the GF which has delayed his start to the preseason. So far he’s done nothing more than a bit of running and isn’t expected to join the main training group until late January

Provided there’s no setbacks I’d expect he’d be ready for round 1 ready to fire. Showed last year he’s still a force when he plays (had the highest average goals per game last year) but durability has to be a concern given he missed 11 games in 2018

JK had surgery on his shoulder after the GF which has delayed his start to the preseason. So far he’s done nothing more than a bit of running and isn’t expected to join the main training group until late January

Provided there’s no setbacks I’d expect he’d be ready for round 1 ready to fire. Showed last year he’s still a force when he plays (had the highest average goals per game last year) but durability has to be a concern given he missed 11 games in 2018
The last few years his preseason hasn't really been any different. He just runs laps.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And finally, the winning team pictured in front of eagles premiership cans. Beautiful arrogance from the boys.
View attachment 596313
McLoving it!...It all reeks of a cleverly disguised attempt to fly under the radar again,
giving the appearance of not caring enough, of being too laid back and content,
to just lanquish in the post GF stupor...of holiday beers and cricket.
(but deep down in the HQ bunker, the strategic wheels are grinding out new tactics and counter-plans)

Last edited:
The lack of Foley in the pre-season vids is concerning. Is he so pale that he cant even go to the beach?

No was there, just when he turns side on you cant see him as he seems to vanish.

Kid needs some serious time in the gym.

No longer months but weeks...
A few weeks of interest as training ramps up..
Approx. 6 weeks to the JLT competition!
Approx. 10 weeks to AFL bouncedown!

Happy for this pre-season to linger for another 30 or 40 months.

542723_85046a5e5c0c7b7c1767356aef742e68.gif

Happy for this pre-season to linger for another 30 or 40 months.

542723_85046a5e5c0c7b7c1767356aef742e68.gif
I know what you mean..it is worth savouring, or bottling!
But am personally keen to rip into another season, mainly to see
some youngsters get their groove on and how we stack up
being the hunted...also to see the resolve to get Gaff, NN and Shep
a tin star? So much to unfold, including the flag!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back