Game Day Preseason Match vs WC @Optus - 4:10

Remove this Banner Ad

Did Henry end up doing enough for a Rd 1 spot?

I doubt Crowden did.

Fyfe will come in for Crowden. Will Wish be ready to force Henry out?

Not for me. It is Aish for Henry IMO.

Kelly seems back to his best

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Maybe but it is a pre-season game. We wouldn't have bothered tagging or paying closer attention to him.

Pretty meh game, midfield and set shot accuracy a bit concerning. Brodie, Clark, Chapman, Meek, Acres, Frederick (could of had 5) impressed me
100%. All these guys mentioned made a good case for round 1. Apart from Chapman they would all be considered fringe in that 16-30 range on the list.
Will be interesting to see selection integrity in action for round 1

Good hit out, credit to WC for putting up a contest.

Lots of tape to go through for the players, which is exactly what was needed. For me, most was good except around the contest. Bit fumbly around the ball so first disposal was not clean, bumped off the ball a bit too often & slow to spread on offence & defence although offensively was definitely better & a huge improvement on previous years v WC who have owned us there.

I really do hope Acres can continue with that type of game, hopefully without the security of a contract he will.

A bit to take away but not much considering how weakened WC are.
Chapman the big plus. Young was messy, Clark patchy.
Forwards bar Freddy we’re awful. Walters only worked into it once they were gassed & the pace went off the game.
Mids got killed by Naitanui, Kelly & some second stringers. At least Brayshaw & Serong worked into it. Crowden was invisible.
A lot to work on. We’re not getting near finals playing like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A bit to take away but not much considering how weakened WC are.
Chapman the big plus. Young was messy, Clark patchy.
Forwards bar Freddy we’re awful. Walters only worked into it once they were gassed & the pace went off the game.
Mids got killed by Naitanui, Kelly & some second stringers. At least Brayshaw & Serong worked into it. Crowden was invisible.
A lot to work on. We’re not getting near finals playing like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still think though if Freddy kicks a straight and kicks 5 and we win by 40, suddenly It doesn’t seem as bad

We were really accurate last week

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Acres has been my emerging new scapegoat, but he won me over tonight. He gets the first 3 rounds now at least.

This is what I posted about Acres a while ago (and it is quite fashionable to dig up old posts of mine):

I strongly disagree. That was exactly the type of thing he would do at St Kilda. Occasional good game that makes people thin he is actually good and then disappear for weeks on end.

He does not take us any closer to a flag in my humble opinion. Happy to be proven wrong but 1 half decent game does nothing to change the way he absolutely squibbed it previously.

Don't get sucked in!!!

Frederick was one of our worst for accuracy last season too, but given we had as much bounce off half back through run and carry as a dropped bag of sand, he didn't get those quick breaks out the back for an easy goal.

We need him to kick at least half his shots if he is going to be on the end of so many chances.

Not surprised we were rusty with the ins, players dropped.
Still don’t have that medium tall forward playing. Missing
Treacy.
Meek has also improved, some posters last year reckoned he was trash.
Mid season we will see how Erasmus, Amiss are doing.
Still think Worner will be a positive, same as Walker.

That game was yuck. The negatives:
  • If scoring is still a problem than forget finals
  • Our midfield is still getting bullied
  • We didn't use the pace we have available to us
  • Henry, Cox and Logue have been average both weeks

The positives:
  • Skills and ball movement have seemed to improve
  • More shots at goal
  • Tackling has improved (but not perfect)
  • Brodies emergence will free up Fyfe

Frederick was one of our worst for accuracy last season too, but given we had as much bounce off half back through run and carry as a dropped bag of sand, he didn't get those quick breaks out the back for an easy goal.

We need him to kick at least half his shots if he is going to be on the end of so many chances.
If he doesn’t improve his accuracy, he has no business being out there. 1.4 is shocking.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back