Game Day Preseason Scrimmage -West Coast v Fremantle, Sat 24/2 : Let the melts begin

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reid actually played 2022 predominantly across half back and last year split midfield and forward duties around 50/50. So claiming he played as a full time mid isn’t actually correct.

He doesn’t have a McKercher or Sanders tank and in fact if you go back to some of the chat around Reid last year in our draft trade discussions it was that he had two parts to his game that weren’t above average or elite. Those being his tank and his set shots at Goal which were both considered as just average.

It will be interesting to see where the Eagles can get Harleys tank to over the next few years. I personally think it’s an area of a players game that can be improved over time however currently I don’t think he has it in him to be a full time midfielder he will have to play in other areas of the ground and not just exclusively as a midfielder.
Mate I just improved my tank by not taking a breath reading your last paragraph!

Mate I just improved my tank by not taking a breath reading your last paragraph!
I was in a rush in the end no time for punctuation lol. I’ll edit just for you 🤣

Happy Jim Carrey GIF

The main reason we took Reid over the trade deals was FOMO.

100%

If we traded picks etc and Reid turns out a superstar we'll be laughed at forever.

If we pick him and it doesn't work out we had a crack

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Are you serious? This is the most idiotic post I’ve read in a long time

I’m happy to take a dig at the club for what was an atrocious performance but this is stupid
haven't been reading too many posts then clearly m8.

not unreasonable to be disappointed in a 7 possession performance from the highest rated kid in many many years in a glorified training session.

Dustin Martin started in 2010 and won his first all Australian in 2016.

Dangerfield debuted 2008 won his first All Australian in 2012.

Two of the best players in the last decade, give Harley a chance hey.

If in 2028 he’s still getting 7 disposals and laying 4 tackles yeah sure lay the boots in.

not talking about other players or all australians honours.

expect more from a number one pick in a pre season scratchie than 7 disposals. where was he playing ? full back?

One annoyance or aspect we have at present is well Simmos obsession that you gotta have big arms to be a midfielder. Greatest example of this is the Reid/Ginbey conundrum

Based on team balance, we simply have this one the wrong way around

Ginbey NEEDS to be off HBF and swapping around with Elliot Yeo. Harley Reid needs to be 100% full time midfielder who shouldnt even know what the term HBF staands for in football never mind play it

If we go with a 3 of Kelly, Yeo, Reid its much more balanced.

The second Simmo is sacked come Round 15 and we make this change, our form will improve thereafter for sure.
Wot?

100%

If we traded picks etc and Reid turns out a superstar we'll be laughed at forever.

You sound sillier with every post you make.

According to the interwebs, he didn't debut until round 20, and then managed just 9 touches. Played the following week, got just 3 (assume he was injured though - 39% TOG).

In his second season he managed 20 touches once, and more than fifteen a total of three times. In his third season, he managed more than 20 just once - against a spoon-bound Eagles no less. Didn't crack 30 touches until very late in his fourth year, and it wasn't until his fifth season that his possession average finally climbed above 20 a game...but yeah, Harley barely touched it in a scrachy so let's delist him now.
Danger was still in yr12 in his first year and was flying in and out of vic for school.

Reid hasn't been a possession pig like N Daicos or McKercher but its his hurt factor that will make him a superstar. Give him time...... At least more than one dead rubber. 🤔

Nah 7 touches = delist and burn an effigy of ROB in the car park at MRP for choosing him purely coz of FOMO.

Then beg Clarko to let us trade him and our 2024 first rounder for Curts.(that's how bad we want him, we'll even deal with a 3rd party)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah 7 touches = delist and burn an effigy of ROB in the car park at MRP for choosing him purely coz of FOMO.

Then beg Clarko to let us trade him and our 2024 first rounder for Curts.(that's how bad we want him, we'll even deal with a 3rd party)
Absolutely sensible stuff there. There's no way a gun would struggle in a team that's struggling. Fold the club.

Back page of tomorrow's West....... Eagles supporters want to trade Reid to Norf and burn new Essendon recruiter in MRP car park.

Reading this board at times is so *ing depressing
I actually find it the opposite and come on here for a laugh.

It's always full of morons drinking the pre-season cool-aid and then making stupid comments when their team plays bad.

We're last and we have a shite side. We're going to be down the bottom for a few years yet. More than likely we still haven't bottomed out.

Never change gaiz.

Chesser
Ginbey
Re
id
Hewitt
Long
Burgiel
Hough
Johnston
Rawlinson
Barnett
Bazzo
Culley
J Williams

Just listing some of the youth so we can keep track of who has been written off. Would have hoped Reid would have been given a bit more time, he is on notice! Only C Judd like performances from young players will do 🤣

It's always full of morons drinking the pre-season cool-aid and then making stupid comments when their team plays bad.
In the days leading up to Saturday night we had one bloke looking up Dusty’s stats as a taste of what we might expect for Reid, and another bloke pondering how good it’ll be to beat Port in round 1

100%

Yep, the Eagles recruiting team are primarily concerned with not being laughed at.

BOND 007 can you please concern you lot are a bunch of socially anxious teenage girls?

Ta.

Reid has been labelled the next Leigh Matthews.
Nothing I saw in the scratchie makes me doubt the accuracy of that comparison.

Tony Micale famously said "have a good look at him guys, because we’ll never see him again" after Judd played his one and only WAFL game before his debut. We won't even get to see that much of Harley at WAFL level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back