Thu Mar 2Brisbane vs Geelong 7:10pm (8:10pm)Brighton Homes Arena
Fri Mar 3St Kilda vs Essendon4:10pmRSEA Park
Fri Mar 3Sydney vs Carlton7:10pmBlacktown International Sports Park
Fri Mar 3West Coast vs Adelaide4:40pm (7:40pm)Mineral Resources Park
Sat Mar 4GWS vs Gold Coast12:10pmBlacktown International Sports Park
Sat Mar 4Western Bulldogs vs North Melbourne1:10pmIKON Park
Sat Mar 4Melbourne vs Richmond4:10pmCasey Fields

Last edited:

Didn't they play Libba FWD a lot more last season ? .....degenerative knee ?

yes had minimal CBS's for the first 4 or 5 rounds - similar the previous year too - so there is a little upside.

from R6 onwards he would have had the highest % of CBAs, slightly more than Macrae at a glance

has had 2 knee reco's. - is Bevo trying to lighten his load by playing him forward more?

his best year prior to knees was 110.

also we need to remember that tearing up an intra-club is not real opposition - just means he is fit.

1674796877540.png

Just got back from watching the lions match sim. They played 3 15 minute quarters in what appeared to be probables vs possibles (plus reserves and academy players). In terms of supercoach relevant takeouts.

• Ashcroft played permanent onball (along with Dunkley, McLuggage, Roberton) for the probables and was everywhere. Had 18 touches and was BOG in my view. He should be in every team and will play every game bar injury. If I were the Lions Dunkley, McLuggage, Neale and Ashcroft would be my main midfield 4 with cameos from others.
  • Rayner played the whole game at halfback and was super impressive. Not sure if that was a one-off experiment or whether he has been training there. The standout for me along with Ashcroft.
  • McKenna and Wilmot both played defense the whole game for the probables. McKenna awesome in the first quarter and then quiet. Wilmot did a few good things but mostly quiet. If only one were to play I would definitely put my money on Mckenna based on that showing, however Rayner playing back would put a spanner in the works as you'd think they can only play 3 of Rich, Coleman, Rayner, Wilmot and McKenna. None spent any time on the wing so you'd think wouldn't be in that mix.
  • Dunkley played well and kicked a goal without being dominant and McLuggage was his usual classy self but looked to be cruising
  • Notable omissions: Zorko ran laps, didn't see Neale and Bailey at all, Daniher didn't play the match sim but trained before, McCarthy played for the B team which I found interesting.

Hey MacStradbroke & Pure_Ownage Any news on the Cats? (Bowes & Neale)
Neale will depend on how long Hawkins is out, but it’s his spot til then by all reports. Everyone loves the big larrikin.

Bowes we will have to wait until the pre season games are done and dusted, but I find it hard to believe they put that much work into him during the year only to play him in the twos, especially early. Or maybe it was all just a big smokescreen to get pick 7 (for Clark who I believe will be a gun and reckon he’s a chance of making an impact as soon as this year)

Neale will depend on how long Hawkins is out, but it’s his spot til then by all reports. Everyone loves the big larrikin.

Bowes we will have to wait until the pre season games are done and dusted, but I find it hard to believe they put that much work into him during the year only to play him in the twos, especially early. Or maybe it was all just a big smokescreen to get pick 7 (for Clark who I believe will be a gun and reckon he’s a chance of making an impact as soon as this year)

That's it right there.

Anointed as the next Selwood before he was even drafted.

It's why I'm waiting to see how Jack "steak knives" Bowes goes in the Fosters Panasonic Ansett NAB Wizard JLT Marsh AAMI ....pre-season

That's it right there.

Anointed as the next Selwood before he was even drafted.

It's why I'm waiting to see how Jack "steak knives" Bowes goes in the Fosters Panasonic Ansett NAB Wizard JLT Marsh AAMI ....pre-season
I’ve seen him play plenty as a junior (son same age) and he has been a star for ten years, often dominating as an under ager. Everyone sees the engine room stuff but he is is an excellent forward as well. I am stoked and unbelievably surprised he has lobbed at Geelong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finally-Generally-Awesome-Move.gif

Crows Sim Report:

Taylor in B team and quiet ats.
Peds and Soligo rotating between HF and deep forward. Peds has been dominant, has great goal sense and has kicked a couple.
Sloane on the wing.
Daws starting at HB but playing as loose man and not afraid to push fwd.
TT and EH swapping out in ruck on A team. ROB and Stawny both in B team which I thought was interesting.

Rank started every bounce in the middle, is classy exiting from stoppage. Kicked a good 1 from middle of the pack 35 out after a hard ball recieve from Rachelle. Nice little celebration between the 2.

Looks like Parnell and Chayce in B team atm in defence. Hamill and Doedee A team back pockets at this stage

Only about a qtr of match sim today. Couple more observations…

Browns kicking very average today. Hopefully just a bit rusty after a late start to preseason.

Newchurch and Cook just seem to lack intensity at training IMO. Newchurch appears to lack confidence and needs to be told where to run and to push to next contest regularly.

Rachelle looks fit and injury free and was playing up the ground a bit. One of those players who just seem know the right place to be and makes good decisions. Gonna be a big game player
I reckon. Rochelle, Ranks, Peds and Soligo rotating through fwd line is mouth watering.

Dunno where Tex was today. Fogs was the man and does it well.
Berry in everything and plays like he owns the footy.

Last edited:
Another write-up

Some good write ups from the boys.

Dragon on fire and burning up the track. Took borlase to the cleaners today

Berry will be our break out player this year. Beast

Milera continues to train the house down

If you were on the b team today and in the forward line you were lucky to get a kick. Ball never went down there Taylor gollant resting rucks the young Paduan Murphy Ned etc
Taylor not fit enough at this stage. Gets left behind in running drills. I really like him but he must get a bigger tank

Chayce ned and Murphy all looking like they are behind eigt ball atm

Pedlar in explosive form today

Fog impressive
Pistol on b team. Hammil preferred
Soligo playing more forward. As other posters have stated not keen on this
A team very experienced today.
Doedee in b team as well.
Filthy impressive around ground. Rob and Strauchnie need to lift game
Mcadam still struggling with fitness
Newchurch also
Brown yet to impress but early days yet. Thought he was more up and about
Pedlar and dragon definite started in first trial

Another write-up

Some good write ups from the boys.

Dragon on fire and burning up the track. Took borlase to the cleaners today

Berry will be our break out player this year. Beast

Milera continues to train the house down

If you were on the b team today and in the forward line you were lucky to get a kick. Ball never went down there Taylor gollant resting rucks the young Paduan Murphy Ned etc
Taylor not fit enough at this stage. Gets left behind in running drills. I really like him but he must get a bigger tank

Chayce ned and Murphy all looking like they are behind eigt ball atm

Pedlar in explosive form today

Fog impressive
Pistol on b team. Hammil preferred
Soligo playing more forward. As other posters have stated not keen on this
A team very experienced today.
Doedee in b team as well.
Filthy impressive around ground. Rob and Strauchnie need to lift game
Mcadam still struggling with fitness
Newchurch also
Brown yet to impress but early days yet. Thought he was more up and about
Pedlar and dragon definite started in first trial
Pedlar interesting, do we consider him instead of someone like O Allen or Philippou at $174k. Pre season watch.

Pedlar interesting, do we consider him instead of someone like O Allen or Philippou at $174k. Pre season watch.
Yes ! ....Allen a KPP, and we know how they score .....Philippou a rookie that IMO is at least 12 months off being ready

Yes ! ....Allen a KPP, and we know how they score .....Philippou a rookie that IMO is at least 12 months off being ready
Pedlar - once bitten :mad:

Multiple women have detailed allegations to the AFL of harassment and threatening and intimidating behaviour by North Melbourne star Tarryn Thomas.
At least one of the women has been provided with a psychologist by the league after being hospitalised as a result of an incident last year.
The AFL said the behaviour alleged to them was “family violence” and offered to facilitate meetings with detectives from a family violence investigation unit.

Thomas, 22, has faced no disciplinary action from the league or his club over his alleged conduct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back