Training 2020 Preseason

Remove this Banner Ad

Beat me to it haha.

Good wrap from that poster. Interesting bits from the Harley conversation.

The two academy kids up for a list spot mentioned by Raphyboy also there.
Do you know if we still get priority access to them?

I'd really like to see Hebron in that Mills spot in defence.

Not so keen on Aidyn Johnson.

I believe we only have priority access to Academy talent when they're still in the Academy. Once they've left, they're fair game to all 18 clubs.

I believe we only have priority access to Academy talent when they're still in the Academy. Once they've left, they're fair game to all 18 clubs.
So why are they allowed to train with us before the draft? They have never been on a list.

Once they are past the academy I think they are available as a nsw zone preselection, or at least they used to be?

I think we can preselect them and as long as they aren’t taken in the national draft we can add them to our rookie list.

Once they are past the academy I think they are available as a nsw zone preselection, or at least they used to be?

I think we can preselect them and as long as they aren’t taken in the national draft we can add them to our rookie list.
So I wonder if someone else bids on them in the ND whether we have the option to match?

I started just after you posted that.

Got about 400 to go.
I'm not actually going to run the 2km, but can you all please post repeatedly about how much potential I have if I decide to run the 2km in a few years

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Terrific to read the news about Buddy being on the track. Footy for him first and foremost is his passion.

Great news about Dawson.
Curious to see if Franklin goes into coaching or what he does post-playing career

Curious to see if Franklin goes into coaching or what he does post-playing career

He is such a nuffy about footy...he sends multiple texts to recruiting and drafting staff. I think he is also great with young folk. I can see him to going into development work and talent spotting/recruiting.

He is such a nuffy about footy...he sends multiple texts to recruiting and drafting staff. I think he is also great with young folk. I can see him to going into development work and talent spotting/recruiting.
I said when we signed hin if he played 5 years but coached for the rest I would have been OK with that

I reckon he will do his fashion stuff

I'm not actually going to run the 2km, but can you all please post repeatedly about how much potential I have if I decide to run the 2km in a few years

Did you burn any houses down today though

Some posters are seriously going overboard about Dawson.

Think it's a case of if you're a good player as a third or fourth round pick, you're a steal and we're rapt to have you. If you're a good player as a first round pick (or an Academy player), you're not good enough.

Think it's a case of if you're a good player as a third or fourth round pick, you're a steal and we're rapt to have you. If you're a good player as a first round pick (or an Academy player), you're not good enough.

I know I have been a huge wrap on Dawson for a long time. Still I am optimistic he can further improve. If he does he will become more important than Mills or Heeney.

He is a pure footy player who reads the play and makes sharp decisions. He also has some leadership attributes like using his voice and directing play. That he has come back after boosting his tank in the off season also speaks volumes for the young bloke.

Some posters are seriously going overboard about Dawson.
Not really, he produced some excellent footy this season showing what a lot here had seen for some time at NEAFL level. The fact that he has added a high level of endurance to his arsenal is exciting because this is an endurance game, it means Dawson could play any role on the ground, that's highly valuable.

Beating Clarke, a noted front of the field gut runner, is serious stuff.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back