I didn’t have an issue at all with it myself, but I understand that some others aren’t like me …I think the fact that she’s still making “ go Dogs” noises at the pointy end of the board dispute shows how she lacks awareness about the image such comments project. It was a dumb thing to do, as was assuming the private chat wouldn’t get out. Whilst it’s not the end of the world it did illustrate her inability to read the room. Besides, sounds like she would have walked anyway having landed a new job.
… and I agree with you, I don’t think her post was a great judgement call.
But looking into the facts around it …
- Bridie’s post would have been made on Saturday evening (clearly, during the Bulldog’s / Port game)
- It was made on her private Insta account. Mind you, with > 6000 followers, so it’s not very private!
- One of her followers obviously leaked it.
- No other media outlet got a hold of it, or touched it. Including Caro on FC on Monday night when she was talking on the topic of Collingwood board stability anyway.
- It suddenly appeared four days later on Wednesday’s FC episode hosted by Ed.
TBH, I dunno what to make of it all, except that there are people around who are trying to stir the pot.
Ed could have killed it if he wanted to. He could have easily turned on his voice-of-the-common-man-schtick and said “Nothing in it, I was watching that game myself and cheering for Adam Treloar”.
Ed always professes to have Collingwood’s best interests at heart, and I reckon he normally does. He’s also said that he’s keeping his own counsel and not commenting about Collingwood matters (Good advice).
I just don’t see how spiking a Collingwood board member - one who he doesn’t know and hasn’t served with - is in anyway in the best interests of Collingwood? Nor how it is consistent with his pledge to keep his mouth shut about Collingwood matters?