Politics & Government Soon to be ex President Trump

Remove this Banner Ad

I guess a question to be asked is how many religions have their origins based around a warlord?

Mohammed is a very different cat to the likes of a Jesus, Bhuda etc

We all know about the hypocrisy of religions and their distortions of messages, but does any other major religion have a similar starting point as Islam?

Muhammad was real, so he's got that over Jesus.

There was someone of great importance around the middle east 2000 years ago, I'd say that much is for certain. What actually happened is anyone's guess. If I could travel in time, Bethlehem in the year 0 AD is my first destination.

A few people I know have said how they get House of Cards vibes when it comes to Trump.

I disagree fundamentally, really.
For those of you who watch it, you'll probably agree that what defines Frank Underwood is his ruthless pursuit of power that, while it comes at any cost (including directly murdering two people), is also marked by a Machiavellian manipulation of other people. Of playing the percentages, playing people off against each other, winning trust subtly only to subtly then betray those same people. It's dastardly, but it's also evilly clever. He's the kingmaker to end all kingmakers.

Trump seems to have no inclination for any of that subtlety. In fact, like him or loathe him, you could surely only look at him so far and conclude that he's about as a subtle as a bowling ball. He loathes diplomacy or playing the percentages.

Want of power is about the only similarity I see.

Last edited:
Sure. There is a good chance he was around though.

There's a great chance he wasn't is the point. 2000 years ago wasn't the stone age, people knew how to read and write in that part of the world and did and documented all manner of stuff. But his story doesn't pop up until long, long, long after any witnesses have died.

There's a great chance he wasn't is the point. 2000 years ago wasn't the stone age, people knew how to read and write in that part of the world and did and documented all manner of stuff. But his story doesn't pop up until long, long, long after any witnesses have died.
Re Muhammad, not to discredit what you're saying but a quick Google search seems to bring up mostly the opposite

There was someone of great importance around the middle east 2000 years ago, I'd say that much is for certain. What actually happened is anyone's guess. If I could travel in time, Bethlehem in the year 0 AD is my first destination.
You are going to see a baby being born? There are kids born every 3 mins. Just go to your local hospital. Plus most historians actually think he was born around 4 bc so you are probably going to miss out on a very unremarkable event any way.

You are going to see a baby being born? There are kids born every 3 mins. Just go to your local hospital. Plus most historians actually think he was born around 4 bc so you are probably going to miss out on a very unremarkable event any way.
To see what actually went down. Nothing could happen, something could happen. 2000 years of Chinese Whispers, I want to see what actually happened even if it was boring and mundane.

A Roman historian talked about his crucifixion in 110 AD and a Jewish historian talked about him in 94 AD. Don't think for most local figures you're going to get much better or closer than that for a local preacher who rose to prominence after his death.

To see what actually went down. Nothing could happen, something could happen. 2000 years of Chinese Whispers, I want to see what actually happened even if it was boring and mundane.
Well it's not the birth you want to go to. It's the time when he was an adult and with his cult of followers performing so called miracles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is still among us.

robbojesus_zps3ab0574b.jpg

Muhammad is a confirmed historical figure. Jesus wasn't written about until hundreds of years after he supposedly was around.

And a confirmed warlord, paedophile, thief, slave master etc etc

A real POS is worse than a pretend hippy when writing their "supposed" beliefs down to follow as some moral code I think we can all agree.

The Pentagon and the White House on Thursday defended the execution of a U.S. Special Operations raid in Yemen that killed civilians along with a Navy SEAL, saying there was sufficient intelligence to carry it out and that it had been considered in Washington since December. But former Obama administration officials disputed the Trump administration’s version of events, saying the raid carried was never specifically discussed in the White House when Barack Obama was president.

Navy Capt. Jeff Davis, a Pentagon spokesman, said the civilians were killed early Sunday in Yemen by gunfire from aircraft needed to support the SEALs after they were attacked by militants, among them women who ran to planned fighting positions. The SEALs, he said, were “in extremis,” a term the U.S. military uses to define situations in which service members or partner forces are under immediate threat. The dead are said to include the 8-year-old daughter of Anwar al-Awlaki, the U.S.-born cleric and a propagandist with al-Qaeda’s affiliate in Yemen who was killed in a 2011 U.S. drone strike.

“The enemy had gone to a building and taken up fighting positions in that building to fire on our troops who were on the ground conducting this operation,” Davis said. “The enemy put potentially the civilians at risk in doing so.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...id-in-yemen/?utm_term=.4d8af7f5a8c2&tid=a_inl

Wow!

- Raid foreign country
- Kill militants
- Militants fight back
- Call in air support which kills civilians including children
- Blame it on the militants because if they didn't defend themselves, they wouldn't need air support.

Am I the only one that finds this military logic absolutely bonkers?

And a confirmed warlord, paedophile, thief, slave master etc etc

A real POS is worse than a pretend hippy when writing their "supposed" beliefs down to follow as some moral code I think we can all agree.

You have more in common with the anti-gay, anti-women, anti-nonwhites, anti-poor people Christianity than the Nice Guy "He Loved Everybody" Jesus™ version.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back