Politics & Government Soon to be ex President Trump

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yeah yeah don't go telling me to move this because there's a full board dedicated, or it's discussed elsewhere. This is the biggest political change to the world in quite some time, and it's going to shift the face of the biggest country in the world. These are interesting times, and this deserves a thread here. In 10 years, it'll be cool to look back on this – just as we look back at the 9/11 thread.

Who knows what'll happen from here but yeee-haw these are crazy times.

What's your thoughts? What's your go? What are your tips?

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
I-For-One-Welcome-Our-New-Insect-Overlords-Donald-Trump-Simpsons.jpg

Aug 13, 2007
Vancouver
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oilers
I don't think there will be huge change. It was smart rhetoric that won it for him though. The people wanted something new - even if there might only be 10% chance of it being a success.

Still a Senate that take ages to push anything through. The new health care system will go pretty quickly. Trade agreements will be the other big one.

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
I think Trump has actually played it very smart the more and more you look at it.

Couldn't have chose a better time to run.

The US has been all over the shop for years, failed conflicts, wealth gap getting bigger, racism still there, and then an opponent who is associated with a lot of the failure the US has had in the last decade or two. Here comes along this loud and famous guy who claims to make the US great again. Hilary wasn't offering much of an alternative.

Back