Press red for Kev

Remove this Banner Ad

Lots of anti-umpire posts on the RFC board. At the game it didn't seem one sided... lots of free's for sure, but didn't seem there were that may shockers?

This is a theory I've been forming for the quite a long while now: Richmond are an undisciplined side. They are negligent and sloppy in the marking contest (defenders aren't on the same page, often all going up to contest the ball and losing their feet, over-commit getting into the opposition's back), they talk back to the umpires consistently (the two fifties last night were for abuse), and they don't seem to have many players with high football IQs who do the simple disciplined thing (push the ball into space where the opposition is outnumbered, quick kick down the line, short get-out kick) which means that they put each other under pressure consistently.

Let's not forget that they came out and deliberately attacked the man. The umpires were well-restrained considering the RFC's attempts to turn it into a brawl for the first five minutes.

It was a little over-umpired, but personally, I was happy to see the frees being paid. At least it was consistent. I hate watching key forwards being scragged. Also, even though the umpires were a bit s**t-hot on the HTB we adjusted and Richmond didn't. They continuously dragged it in, we laid bear-hugging tackles that stung hard and got rewarded. On the flipside, we were able to break tackles consistently and when caught made sure we flipped it out to avoid being caught.

This is gold. Well done GR.

The HTB interpretation was red hot all night and not in a way I like seeing them, that said, they were consistent with it and paid it both ways. Can't complain too much but there were footy players for both teams that I felt sorry for.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just finished watching about half of the third quarter before switching off. Bit boring really. They tried way too hard and were too transparent. Wasn't really anything interesting. Every North free wasn't there and every Richmond free was a brilliant call.

Way too much like listening to the old, tired geezers in the outer who aren't really cognisant of what they're watching.

At one point I thought I heard Flea Weightman say that Nahas went to North because they were willing to pay him more. You delisted him you stupid old flog!

$600k - was taking the p1ss.

Would have been more effective had they been slightly biased and then cheering/bemoaning passages of play.

In fairness they were never confident. At the start of the third they were talking about holding on in this quarter as roos will run out of legs by the 4th due to Perth - lol they were 5 goals up at this stage!

photofunny.net__final_286346093538_.jpg

3rd Qtr - KBTV

Problem is, the Richmond nuffies on here and who will call in to SEN during the week will not understand that those old campaigners were being deliberately biased and will complain about the very one sided umpiring :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back