Pressure Gauge 2018

Which team is under the most pressure in 2018?

• Total voters

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Why I picked Adelaide in the poll was because they blew arguably an unblowable chance in the Grand Final, and since many expect Richmond to have a Bulldogs style premiership hangover this puts Adelaide in the box seat for flag. It's premiership or bust this year for the Crows, and with the addition of Gibbs, they should be able to do it, so if they don't I'll be surprised. Also after the didn't make the Grand Final in 2012 despite finishing 2nd, they shelled out and missed the finals the next year if I'm not mistaken.
Guess we should have gone for lindsay thomas as well

TigerKnights

Team Captain
Jul 20, 2007
The Heartland
AFL Club
Richmond
MFC team. And as of tonight, the skunks should start a new stink master search. Eddie is gunna leave a legacy all right. How many Presidents will have sacked 3 life members in one tenure?

Aug 13, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Pies are not under pressure, Buckley and Eddie are.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I really think if there was a year to move Eddie on it was last year. Bucks even framed the Pies problems as club wide at times. And when they kept Bucks they changed the set up of the footy department and a lot of the other coaches. Even a new CEO.

Unless things go so drastically wrong that someone powerful challenges Eddie I think he has an easy out to any pressure coming his way by sacking Bucks. He'll cop a lot of heat for it but he can point to all the other changes. A board challenger would have to offer some solutions not just blame Eddie and that's why he's probably safe.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Eagles, Lakers, Bayern, Trojans
At the seasons half way point....would’ve thought it would be Essendon under the most pressure now. Topped up for a Top 4 finish but making finals looks to be beyond them already.

Adelaide, GWS, Essendon, Port under pressure to make finals and GC and St Kilda (was to make finals before season but they're cooked now) to be less s**t

BuffDog

Club Legend
Nov 10, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
At the seasons half way point....would’ve thought it would be Essendon under the most pressure now. Topped up for a Top 4 finish but making finals looks to be beyond them already.

Good bump,

We certainly have regressed. I never expected us to make the top 4 but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t initially confident of another finals appearence.

Certainly have some serious structural/game plan issues as well as a clear midfield deficiency.

Adelaide are most dissapointing currently, on account of injuries mainly, though can’t help but feel as they’ve missed their Chance.

Port, GWS, St Kilda and to a lesser extent Carlton and Geelong also feeling the pinch.

Dustin Credible

Club Legend
Mar 14, 2010
Hexham
AFL Club
Richmond
Adelaide, GWS, Essendon, Port under pressure to make finals and GC and St Kilda (was to make finals before season but they're cooked now) to be less s**t

Crows and GWS are hard ones to place...both have had lots of injuries and both sit just outside the 8. Both could still come good should they be able to get players fit and in form. Though it needs to start happening soon for them.

Oct 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory

We aren’t under pressure as a side, we’ve missed finals but the vast bulk of our best 22 side is 24 and under. (Fantasia, Daniher, Merrett, Smith, Stringer, Ridley, McGrath, Langford, Laverde, Guelfi, Saad, McKenna, Stewart). The only ones under pressure are guys who’ll probably lose their spot in the side due to age and the likes of Redman and Francis banging down the door.

Jul 12, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
We aren’t under pressure as a side, we’ve missed finals but the vast bulk of our best 22 side is 24 and under. (Fantasia, Daniher, Merrett, Smith, Stringer, Ridley, McGrath, Langford, Laverde, Guelfi, Saad, McKenna, Stewart). The only ones under pressure are guys who’ll probably lose their spot in the side due to age and the likes of Redman and Francis banging down the door.
Who are they?

Oct 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory
Who are they?

Goddard, Baguley, Dea. Hurley wouldn’t be sitting too comfortably either but he’s safe due to contract but his presence isn’t helping the backline atm. Though might improve in Goddards absence.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Goddard, Baguley, Dea. Hurley wouldn’t be sitting too comfortably either but he’s safe due to contract but his presence isn’t helping the backline atm. Though might improve in Goddards absence.
Interesting Hurley been that s**t? I see he gets a lot of easy touches, but is he not accountable either?

Jun 26, 2007
Newcastle
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Avalanche, Nuggets
Interesting Hurley been that s**t? I see he gets a lot of easy touches, but is he not accountable either?
Pretty sure they were worried he wouldn't play the same style the backline had in his absence.

Give him a couple of weeks to adapt and hopefully he can get the confidence to change his norm.

Oct 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory

Hes changed his game style to be more of a sweeper these last two years and now that possession style has failed he’s had trouble reverting back to a more dour style. Though his great contest against Martin showed he’s still capable of it so hopefully gets back to previous highs.

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
game 1 back from injury and we played the Tigers at their best.
Probably could have done with a game in the VFL to regain touch.
But when he beat Dusty one on one (fairly i might add too ump!), it showed what he does best. He can play pretty much any size forward other than a resting ruck. He battles quite well body to body. And his disposal is normally quite good but hasn't been great of late.

For us to push forward, we need to change the backline.
Dea shouldn't be best 22. I get that he tries and you want that from a depth player. But he shouldn't be holding out kids that are pushing for selection.

Saad Hooker Francis
Ridley Hurley Redman
w/McKenna as our 7th defender (goddard usually plays that role).

Francis and Redman have been in the bests for the VFL for a few weeks in a row now. Im guessing we are either waiting for the bye or perhaps didn't want to throw them in the deep end against the tigers.
Would like to see both in this week for Zaka and Dea.

At some point, we need to weigh up the experience and class kicking off Goddard vs the body blocking, inside work of Clarke, who has neither of Goddards strengths.

Langford, Laverde, Guelfi and Stringer through the middle has worked wonders (along with Heppell lifting his game).

Its somewhat comforting to know we have changed some things, brought some kids in, can bring more in, and the likes of Merrett, McGrath, Tippa and Fantasia can play better, and the last 3 weeks have been much better.
And we still have Daniher to come back in

Finals are probably a goner for 2018, but the sooner we embrace the future playing list, the better for mine.
Re-signing Langford, Redman and extending Francis would be a good idea too.

Back