Strategy PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought our tackling was fierce v Sydney. Can't recall earning that many holding the ball decisions before.

D'ya think? Not early. Maybe eventually - but I wouldn't go as far as to say 'fierce.' Too many ineffective tackles for mine. Tackles where a Swans bloke either slipped out of it, got his hands free to dish off or the ball spilled out to another Swans bloke who was free and needed running down. In the second quarter Goodes got a goal when Parker (how good is this guy?) evaded three blokes in the pocket who were not 'fierce' enough - one of whom (Gibson I think?) pretty much just walked past Parker with no intention on tackling him. That alone dropped the 'fierce-o-meter' under satisfactory.

D'ya think? Not early. Maybe eventually - but I wouldn't go as far as to say 'fierce.' Too many ineffective tackles for mine. Tackles where a Swans bloke either slipped out of it, got his hands free to dish off or the ball spilled out to another Swans bloke who was free and needed running down. In the second quarter Goodes got a goal when Parker (how good is this guy?) evaded three blokes in the pocket who were not 'fierce' enough - one of whom (Gibson I think?) pretty much just walked past Parker with no intention on tackling him. That alone dropped the 'fierce-o-meter' under satisfactory.
Parker was untouchable last night. Moved like a dancer, obscene footballer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back