• Prestia

Votes: 129 75.0%
  • Treloar

Votes: 43 25.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Prestia better defensively.
Treloar much better offensively.

Prestia fits our club and the way we play 10x better then Treloar. But who's the better player? Match winner? More dynamic? Treloar and it's not close. Regardless i'd take Prestia over him.

Defense wins flags and a great attitude and hard work builds a team culture that win lots of flags, Prestia wins over Treloar in both these areas.

At Richmond these days its not necessarilly about being the best, its more about being willing to do the role assigned and always being wiling to work hard to support your team mates, Prestia fits the bill perfectly.

All this really highlights is no player is worth two first rounders

I'd say Dusty, Danger, Fyfe , Buddy are/were. GAJ as well a decade ago.

Treloar isn't in that class. So, yep not worth the cost.

Treloar. Not even a contest.

But I don't regret how things turned out for a second.
I would've been happy if we got treloar but as it turned out Prestia played extremely well in the finals. So kudos to the recruiters for getting Dion. And flags trump everything. So Dion >> Trelols

I'd say Dusty, Danger, Fyfe , Buddy are/were. GAJ as well a decade ago.

Treloar isn't in that class. So, yep not worth the cost.
Not when two picks could land you a kelly or rioli or a dusty. Its a lot to give up. 1 gun vs 2 potential guns. Only looks good when the picks you traded dont turn out good

Not when two picks could land you a kelly or rioli or a dusty. Its a lot to give up. 1 gun vs 2 potential guns. Only looks good when the picks you traded dont turn out good

Most picks produce less than awesome players. there is a strong trend correlating pick number to games played - 1st pick = most games played on average etc. But the absolute quality of player is variable. I'd happily trade 2 good picks for a super star that would play 5 years in a team contesting for the title. In other words if I was North I wouldn't offer 2 picks for Dusty.

Individual picks are way overrated. Most fail. But as a portfolio picks are the way to go in the AFL. If you traded 2 good picks for a star and that was part of a well thought through list management strategy I wouldn't have an issue. Grasping for straws of the great savior is Carlton (historically) and a good way to screw your list for years to come. Hope that's clear.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would've been happy if we got treloar but as it turned out Prestia played extremely well in the finals. So kudos to the recruiters for getting Dion. And flags trump everything. So Dion >> Trelols
It's impossible to know what would have happened with Treloar in the team. What I do know is head-to-head Treloar is the better player. The events that have happened since we missed out on Treloar have been fantastic for the club and us as supporters but none of that takes away the quality of Treloar.

If the poll asked something like, "With the benefit of hindsight, if we were able to get Treloar, would you?" I can guarantee you the response would be close to 99% "No".

On the other hand, if it asked, "Would you bring in Treloar at the end of this year if it meant losing only Prestia?" I think the majority would be in favour of it.

Treloar but it would be interesting how things would of planned out if we had payed two first round picks.

We gave away pick six for Prestia but it’s arguable it would of been a lower pick if we’d had him. Then again it’s hard to tell whether Treloar would of enhanced our 2016 game plan or been dragged down like everyone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We wanted Treloar and lets be honest, he's a bloody fine player. But he chose not to come to Richmond, which then resulted in us grabbing Prestia. If Treloar had nominated us I assume that we would not have gone after Meatball.

I think Treloar is a better player than Meatball.... but I believe that Prestias importance to our team in terms of making those around him much better is far superior to what Treloar could have offered. IMO

If you could go back in time and choose. Who would you take?

Prestia.

Teloars a dumb campaigner . Dion us not

Hands down Prestia not even a contest
we did not dodge a bullet by not getting Treloar but when team connection has been such a factor in our premiership team.

Treloar certainly has the taint or perception of being somewhat of a Richard Hadley that Prestia does not have.

Hands down Prestia not even a contest
we did not dodge a bullet by not getting Treloar but when team connection has been such a factor in our premiership team.

Treloar certainly has the taint or perception of being somewhat of a Richard Hadley that Prestia does not have.

Can you just call him a cnut next time

It's impossible to know what would have happened with Treloar in the team. What I do know is head-to-head Treloar is the better player. The events that have happened since we missed out on Treloar have been fantastic for the club and us as supporters but none of that takes away the quality of Treloar.

If the poll asked something like, "With the benefit of hindsight, if we were able to get Treloar, would you?" I can guarantee you the response would be close to 99% "No".

On the other hand, if it asked, "Would you bring in Treloar at the end of this year if it meant losing only Prestia?" I think the majority would be in favour of it.
Treloar wouldnt necessarilly allow the improvement and versatility we have seen with Dusty and Cotch, so I wouldnt swap the two myself, yes man for man Treloar is better but Prestia is a beast that also frees up our better players.

Not sure we would have a flag with just Treloar and no Prestia, he had a great end to last season.
Now if you ask would I have both in the team then Im sure you already know the answer.:)

Back