Who would you prefer?

• Prestia

Votes: 129 75.0%
  • Treloar

Votes: 43 25.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn't vote. They are about the same.
Prestia is better inside; Treloar is more versatile.
Neither Richmond or collingwood lost in the roundabout. Both won.
Who knows what the price Treloar cost would have done to Richmond

I can't get my head around how little praise or attention Prestia receives. He ticks all the boxes
  • Top 10 draft pick
  • Started dominating early (25-27 disposals, ~5 clearances a game since his 3rd season)
  • Vice captained his former club
  • Dominated finals - proven finals performer
  • Traded for a top 10 pick to a big name club
Yet everyone seems to forget he exists. Even our own fans. They'll list our top 10 players and he often won't be in there. It's all very strange. He's even had injuries which should put him on most Pies fans radars at least.

there is no doubt our midfield is much better at extracting inside ball with dion in there. also my take on meatball vs trollour is one has helped his club win a premiership and the other at this stage hasnt. no brainer really.

I can't get my head around how little praise or attention Prestia receives. He ticks all the boxes
  • Top 10 draft pick
  • Started dominating early (25-27 disposals, ~5 clearances a game since his 3rd season)
  • Vice captained his former club
  • Dominated finals - proven finals performer
  • Traded for a top 10 pick to a big name club
Yet everyone seems to forget he exists. Even our own fans. They'll list our top 10 players and he often won't be in there. It's all very strange. He's even had injuries which should put him on most Pies fans radars at least.
When fit he's top 5 at our club
If he can get a run of games he'll rate highly in the comp, we have quite a few underrated players , thats good for us;)

Treloar a liability by foot, Dion a liability for getting on the park for 20 games a year.

Can't get past Treloars disposal issues though, Dion's kicking seems much better as he has got over his injuries, Dion for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two completely different types of player.
Both teams win.
Classic...
giphy.gif

at this stage i think treloar has more impact on a game and is a bigger loss to collingwood than prestia would be to us.

Yeah but that's because we bat deeper. Take Dusty and Cotch away and Dion is right up there as our best mid.

They both play midfield, but really, they couldn't play much more different positions if they tried. Bit like trying to compare Rance and Riewoldt.

But I voted Prestia, because as plenty others have said, the way he improves our team is clear. Not sure we could support Dusty and Treloar in the same midfield.

Yeah but that's because we bat deeper. Take Dusty and Cotch away and Dion is right up there as our best mid.
Exactly and were forgetting Kane Lambert, we pretty much have 2 a grade midfielders, 2 elite Brownlow medalist midfielders and a few b graders that can come in if needed.

What happened we went from bog ordinary to a superteam in the space of a year or so.

Essendon, Geelong etc went for the drugs to succeed, we went for mateship (connection) and mindfulness, which is a lot harder to stop...long may we reign!

They both play midfield, but really, they couldn't play much more different positions if they tried. Bit like trying to compare Rance and Riewoldt.

But I voted Prestia, because as plenty others have said, the way he improves our team is clear. Not sure we could support Dusty and Treloar in the same midfield.
Yeah our pressure game would fall apart, Dusty like Treloar is there to break tackles not make tackles, defence wins the flags but you still need a player that can break the lines.

As some have said there are no losers with these two players but our flag and Prestias massive involvement gives us the slight edge, imo.

Back