Opinion Prestia v Treloar

Who would you prefer?

• Prestia

Votes: 129 75.0%
  • Treloar

Votes: 43 25.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Treloar is a better player but can’t be unhappy with Dion which also got us Caddy

Good call. Dion has been amazing with that knee. Always happy we got him, was absolute class in one good season at GC, was probably going to become a Brownlow Medalist I thought early on - so getting him, even with an injury was a worthwhile risk and this has proved so.

Dion brings teammates/players into the game better than Treloar. Look at what Treloar does to Adams game - it goes downhill - that's what I'm talking about. That's player value.

The only three early GC players I wanted to see at Richmond were Prestia, Lynch and O'Meara. Not Gaz Jr. He would have cost too much.

Got Jaeger wrong though. Should have been Caddy.

As for Treloar, was more than happy to see Prestia at Punt Rd instead. Always rated Dion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tiger brothers.

You have got it all wrong.
Trelor should be put on a pedestal by us...not laughed at and put down.
He gave the Richmond Tigers team and it's members one of the greatest motivational speeches of our time.
Think about it, he said it in 2015 and it still effecting us in 2020.

I for one applaud him...thanks Adam for helping return the fire to our belly, and those 2 Grand Finals....plus the chance to get a third one.

Most neutral fans would I’d imagine rate Treloar the better player but personally I think he’s overrated due to poor disposal skills.

Dion flies under the radar a bit because he’s not flashy, your meat and 3 vege type (or the Italian equivalent). But his low centre of gravity and clean hands make him a great clearance player and perfect partner for Dusty, Shedda and Bolton in the guts.

Ohhh and Meatball is a great guy while Treloar is a total flog

I watched a bit of Dion at the Suns , then especially once I heard we were a chance to get him.
He actually got more of the ball at the Suns , we obviously don’t play a high possession style of game so obviously that would affect his numbers !
At the Suns he would rack up possessions at will constantly having 30 plus games.
Great pickup for us & 2 time premiership player & b&f in a premiership year. Absolute gun!
Treloar also a bloody good player who I would have loved at the Tiges also

I’ve had the opportunity to meet and spend time with Treloar socially a few times in recent years.
He’s a good fella. Those close to him speak very highly of him.

He’s also a very good footballer who does a lot well. Needs to tidy up his disposal a bit. Our game style of Faster ball movement and getting it forward may have even suited him And his disposal better than the way The pies play.

I’m certainly happy with how things played out for us though. Prestia has been a ripper and the flow on effect proved to be a big win for us with Rioli, Caddy etc as many have said.

There are whispers around that the pies wouldn’t be against trading him. Imagine this board if he landed here.

Last edited:
I gained a bit of respect for Treloar when he wrote about the struggles he had growing up (not flushed with cash) never really even had his own bedroom, slept in the hallway a lot. He spoke about his anxiety as well, something thst I know from personal experience, is debilitating and simply awful to live with. He acknowledged he used poor words when he described our lists as well, respects us etc.

Should let sleeping dogs lie now, especially with so much *ing hate in this world, life's too short for all that bullshit. Good luck to the young fella for the rest of his career.

Back