Analysis Preview and changes - Hawthorn MCG July 5th

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t find it.

Here is some analyse from Domus (taken from the Hawthorn preview thread)

“You will strangle us like you always do and take the four points.”

Team:
Maynard Moore Scharenberg
Crisp Roughead Greenwood

Grundy Treloar Sidebottom
Mayne Phillips Pendlebury

Mihocek WHE Brown
De Goey Cox Thomas

Daicos Varcoe Crocker Quaynor

Emer:
Broomhead T Brown Appleby Lynch

Res:
Noble Madgen Bosenavulagi Goldsack Wilson Keane Tohill

Unavailable:
Adams Langdon Elliott Stephenson Howe Sier Beams Aish Wells Reid Dunn Wills Murphy Kelly Murray

Dunno what happened to my thread but at least you didn't just name this one "changes vs Hawks"

Our selection will be solely based around availability, which we won't know about as the club is now keeping us in the dark.

Hopefully Elliott is back. I suspect Adams won't be. And hopefully Sier is right...

The Hawks will beat us I reckon. Even if we were in good form I'd be weary. Bogey side.

I think at least Elliott and Aish will be included for the game against the Dawks. Doubt there'll be too many changes beyond that. Hopefully Sier gets up and isn't among the prospective outs.

I haven’t been this down on our chances in a game since the 2018 prelim... so hopefully we smash them!

All that has to change is everything about the way we’ve been playing, so not too much to ask...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Disappointment from Saturday still stings and now a team i am never confident playing against.
Hopefully Elliott will be back and Sier gets up.

Reid Out Elliott in

Don't want to hear anything from the players this week about needing to lift and be harder i want to see it at 7:50pm Friday night. Actions are needed this week.

Big game

Very big game
Hawks will push the hardness button and if we don't respond after a indoor game whilst the hawks played in attrocious conditions

So I put it to all
Do we stick fat again although a statement needs to be made?
How long before the little credits banked run out
Loyalty only goes so far

Me I want some changes in personal and positioning
De goey on ball more
Maynard up the ground

Whichcould mean Sidey plays back

Outs Reid Thomas Daicos
Ins quaynour atu Elliott

We need a lift
Youngsters do that

2 first gamers

If we f lose this man.. I f swear man.. once every 6 mths I like to do the good neighbourly thingimagigy and give Wally and Edna my left over Greek cuisine or cook em a lil bit of a treat or whatever re.. I promised I'd cook em some koftes this weekend.. so I know they'll be looking forward to it all week.. I'll call out Hey Waallllssss you're koftes are ready re.. he'll come rushing out the back door.. and I'll wait for him to get in the middle of his backyard or thereabouts or some s**t like that.. and then I'll say.. you want your koftes Wall.. you want your koftes Wall.. here's your koftes reeee.. here's your koftes re.. then I'll start piffing em at him like f skirmish re.. then watch him run in screaming.. Edna! Edna.. as hes coping some nice keftedes to the fatsa re.

I have f had it man.. that's it for me man. F it re.

Injuries mean that we already have 5-6 players whose place in the team is contingent/uncertain. In terms of selection, the stakes are already high and I don't see the benefit in swinging the axe unless the inclusions bring obvious and immediate value.

Only Elliott seems likely, in my opinion.

Out: Reid
In: Elliott

The configuration of Hawthorn's midfield doesn't resemble North Melbourne's. They work hard, and players like Daniel Howe can be expected to apply some strong defensive pressure, but the only thing that needs to change in our midfield this week is workrate. To put it another way, I suppose I don't want to see players like Greenwood or Thomas spending much/any time in the middle.

But the above point depends on Sier. If Bear misses, Crocker might come in and prompt a midfield re-shuffle. In that case I think that Thomas might well run through the middle.

We saw our team 'over-perform' last season in the face of low expectations, it'll be interesting to see how we respond to our recent underperformance in the context of greater expectation. Oddly, I'm looking forward to the game and to getting back to the G.

Has Aish been confirmed to be missing more than 1 game?

No. Hopefully the few days off helps. It was soreness apparantely.

Thought he must have been a confirmed out for a 2nd week given nobody seems to think he'll be recalled. If fit, I'd say he's a certainty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back