Preview Preview and Changes v GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

My team of 21 Gawns and an Oliver will tear you apart.
My team has just Oliver’s except for one Kent with three Oliver’s on the bench. I win and anticipate no valid arguments

Don’t underestimate my levels of cowardice.

I would never have the courage to poke A11dAtP0w3R if he wasn’t suspended..
Oh he still is so far as I can gather so I reckon seize the day.

Yoo hoo! A11! You’re real quiet and all so I say we drop Frosty and your boy Nib. I’m playing an injured and pissed off Hogan and some guy. Petty maybe. He should do it.

(A pissed off A11 is more important than team success)

I love Kent to death but honestly he did **** all on Sunday aside from that goal.

Thankfully he is Kent so he is allowed to do **** all.

That's not true mate, bias aside he took contested marks in defence won the ruck battle and delivered the 3qtr time address

Ok real bias aside his tackling pressure was awesome. Didn't get much of the ball but not many blokes playing a first game of the year basically do. Him AVB ANB and Hannan were immense with their pressure

Probably Frost - although he has been excellent since coming in.
But we all know Frost is our band aid replacement for Lever.

I would love frost to keep his own spot but Lever is understandablly best 22 priority

That's not true mate, bias aside he took contested marks in defence won the ruck battle and delivered the 3qtr time address

Ok real bias aside his tackling pressure was awesome. Didn't get much of the ball but not many blokes playing a first game of the year basically do. Him AVB ANB and Hannan were immense with their pressure

In all seriousness Kent did exactly what Garlett didn't do and that is apply some physical pressure. There was one passage of play in the third were there was a couple of errant handballs from both sides and Kent steamrolled B.shepherd off the ball and allowed Melksham to get a handball off someone and he speared a low ball to Tmac. Also later in the same quarter he contested a high Oliver kick which allowed Tmac to hit up Hannan out the back.

Definitely ... we also need someone to play a defensive forward role on Whitfield as well, he’s been tearing teams apart off half back this year

Dean Kent for sure! Would make him earn his possessions.

In all seriousness Kent did exactly what Garlett didn't do and that is apply some physical pressure. There was one passage of play in the third were there was a couple of errant handballs from both sides and Kent steamrolled B.shepherd off the ball and allowed Melksham to get a handball off someone and he speared a low ball to Tmac. Also later in the same quarter he contested a high Oliver kick which allowed Tmac to hit up Hannan out the back.

Yup that shepard was at our CHF area and it really allowed Melk some time and space.
Also in the last he laid a bloody good tackle on I think Barass which helped us turn it over up the wing and score. Also got a holding the ball with Harmes in the first.
He was awesome in his role. Plus he doesn't do pissy little tackles, campaigners ribs would be hurting after some Kent action.

I thought Kent was good and we couldn't possibly expect much more from his first game back.

He's definitely in my best 22 as well.

Tyson would make way for Viney. I think you then push Brayshaw to one wing and move Salem up to another, allowing a backline of OMac, Frost, Lever, Hibberd, Jetta, Lewis.

He might be slowing down but make no mistake, Lewis will play the majority of next year barring any injury.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yup that shepard was at our CHF area and it really allowed Melk some time and space.
Also in the last he laid a bloody good tackle on I think Barass which helped us turn it over up the wing and score. Also got a holding the ball with Harmes in the first.
He was awesome in his role. Plus he doesn't do pissy little tackles, campaigners ribs would be hurting after some Kent action.

Have said it before and I'll say it again. Absolutely love Kent and VDB in the same team for this reason, few sore oppo players!

Hannan's tackling pretty underrated too I recon! Doesn't hit with the same force but when he wraps someone up he buries them.

Think Harmes will go to anyone? Kelly maybe?

If he even plays haha. Kelly that is. I like the bloke and reckon had he not gotten injured this year he would've gotten the Brownlow. One to jump on for 19'. But this ongoing groin issue is a concern. Makes me hesitant to pick him in SuperCoach from here on out. But for Round 23, I think he'll be the least of our worries. But yeah, if he does play sick Harmes on him probably.

If he even plays haha. Kelly that is. I like the bloke and reckon had he not gotten injured this year he would've gotten the Brownlow. One to jump on for 19'. But this ongoing groin issue is a concern. Makes me hesitant to pick him in SuperCoach from here on out. But for Round 23, I think he'll be the least of our worries. But yeah, if he does play sick Harmes on him probably.
Pretty sure his been given the all clear this week?

My team has just Oliver’s except for one Kent with three Oliver’s on the bench. I win and anticipate no valid arguments
21 Harmes to tag the 21 Olivers and a Oliver on the bench

Kelly missed last week with a concussion, and has already been confirmed in this week.

Dean Kent for sure! Would make him earn his possessions.
Exactly who I was thinking as well. Will keep Whitfield accountable and make him hurt every time he goes near the footy.

Random thoughts...

Could Frost not play on Whitfield ?

I think Kent did enough to keep his spot he brings good aggression.

Players I think could lose their spot.

Vandenberg had a fantastic first quarter then ran out of puff it seemed, very much a next year player for me ONLY because I don't think he can run out a full game. He also brings great aggression.
Hannan does some great things (3 goals) and some really bad things at the same time. He really is a mixed bag.
Spargo. I think he has run out of legs. Had a fantastic 1st Year so far.
Tyson was horrible. I just don't think he has shown any footy smarts in that game.
Fritsch needs to be played further up the ground, so if some of the others above get dropped then that might open up a spot for him (like Tyson).

Five changes will not take place and one of those reasons why is because there are not five clear cut upgrades to come back in. I am thinking one or maybe two at maximum.

This could be a chance for Bugg, but I have a feeling he is gone from the club (I have no idea what his VFL form is like).

Wagner and JKH are on the fringe, I don't think Hunt is right (so might be a next year thing for him).

Random thoughts...

Could Frost not play on Whitfield ?

I think Kent did enough to keep his spot he brings good aggression.

Players I think could lose their spot.

Vandenberg had a fantastic first quarter then ran out of puff it seemed, very much a next year player for me ONLY because I don't think he can run out a full game. He also brings great aggression.
Hannan does some great things (3 goals) and some really bad things at the same time. He really is a mixed bag.
Spargo. I think he has run out of legs. Had a fantastic 1st Year so far.
Tyson was horrible. I just don't think he has shown any footy smarts in that game.
Fritsch needs to be played further up the ground, so if some of the others above get dropped then that might open up a spot for him (like Tyson).

Five changes will not take place and one of those reasons why is because there are not five clear cut upgrades to come back in. I am thinking one or maybe two at maximum.

This could be a chance for Bugg, but I have a feeling he is gone from the club (I have no idea what his VFL form is like).

Wagner and JKH are on the fringe, I don't think Hunt is right (so might be a next year thing for him).

This is a strange post bro.
Hannan had his best game for the club, he was in bloody everything. Set up the goal that put us back in front and even got up in the midfield.
Vanders was also way better than whoever you would bring in from the reserves. Put his body on the line and tackled like crazy.

Tyson has settled into his role and while I'm not a big fan he's doing his job better than the next guy in would.

Fristch is being played out of position to help the team.

Only one I could agree with Is Spargo but he gets a rest after the GWS game. I think that WC game was the best 22 we have played all year.

I think barring any more injuries the only player that will come for finals is Viney. So the team will be unchanged.

Kent, Spargo or AVB would come out for Viney.

I'm leaning towards Spargo, as we will want bigger bodies for finals. I do like what Spargo brings as he spreads, is smart and is a neat kick along with being super aggressive - good for team balance.

Like Tyson, Viney needs to develop another string to his bow. I hope the coaches don't throw Harmes out of the centre when Viney comes back in as he is in great form. Might mean Clarry plays a bit more time forward too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back