Preview Preview and Changes v Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weideman & Pederson named in the squad.

This tells me that there is some serious doubt around Gawn playing

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Wish you hadn’t said that. Makes way too much sense.

Weideman & Pederson named in the squad.

This tells me that there is some serious doubt around Gawn playing

I just reckon they’re thinking about the Buddy match up, does Pedersen coming to help out down back? Or does Weideman come in and allow TMac to go down back?

I just reckon they’re thinking about the Buddy match up, does Pedersen coming to help out down back? Or does Weideman come in and allow TMac to go down back?
TMac going back would be brilliant for Sydney. Robs us of our best fwd, when Frost is probably better on Buddy anyway.

i hope your right

TMac going back would be brilliant for Sydney. Robs us of our best fwd, when Frost is probably better on Buddy anyway.
Just saying what the club might be thinking, Buddy always towes up TMac

Think Gawn plays.

Frost on Buddy stops him from kicking that running goal over the back but I’m terrified of him killing Frost in the air.

Defensively Frost has been sound this year, not the match up that worries me most. Even conceding 5 to buddy we should be able to defend the other blokes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Defensively Frost has been sound this year, not the match up that worries me most. Even conceding 5 to buddy we should be able to defend the other blokes.

Agree with this. Besides, Buddy can get off the chain against anyone. Cover their other forwards and choke the overall supply and it doesn't matter how many Franklin snags.

Lance Franklin has played 14 games against us as a Hawk and as a Swan, and has won all 14 games.
I’m going outside to set something on fire! Stfu!

This is the Melbourne I know.

reckon bringing in a 3rd tall forward could be best bet they are pretty small down back. whoever is Aliirs man needs to lead away from the other 2 and hit him up if Aliir doesnt follow. Rampe then has to play tall. If Buddy gets off the chain can always get TMac or Pedo/Weid to help out in the back 1/2 and give Gawn a bit more of a chop out in the ruck.
Out JKH Smith
In Weid/Pedo Hunt

reckon bringing in a 3rd tall forward could be best bet they are pretty small down back. whoever is Aliirs man needs to lead away from the other 2 and hit him up if Aliir doesnt follow. Rampe then has to play tall. If Buddy gets off the chain can always get TMac or Pedo/Weid to help out in the back 1/2 and give Gawn a bit more of a chop out in the ruck.
Out JKH Smith
In Weid/Pedo Hunt

I wouldn't mind Trac playing like 80% deep forward this week, I'd back him in 1on1 against any of the Swans back 6 except maybe Rampe, and that'll open up for Hogan and TMac.

Agreed. Buddy is a superstar and is going to kick goals regardless. As long as we can win the the midfield battle and lock the ball into our forward half, stopping the back goals as well as Buddy’s bag then we’ll be fine.

I've been saying the same thing all year, but why in god's name do they persist with Weideman? The bloke has enormous potential but he just looks lost at sea everytime he plays in the Seniors. I think it would be much better to just leave him in the VFL for the rest of the year and let him have some consistency, bulk up a bit and come in next year. Putting him in for a game or two here and there isn't helping

Last edited:
just listened to Goodwin on SEN, certainly made it sound like Hunt would play
Hopefully simplify his role a little, was shite this year but with the way the team's playing we don't need him breaking lines 25 times a game. We just need him to help us defend

Hopefully simplify his role a little, was shite this year but with the way the team's playing we don't need him breaking lines 25 times a game. We just need him to help us defend
I reckon we need him to break lines v Sydney.

They are slow and his pace will be immense off half back

Dont think we need to be too worried about Buddy... remember Alex Sexton kicked 5 in a team that lost by nearly 100 points.

UNLESS

The game is still on the line with 5 minutes left. That's when we need to worry about Buddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back