(Log in to remove this ad.)

King Corey

Jun 9, 2001
Windy Hill Safe Injecting Room
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Like the idea of trialing Durdin to more AFL but that's a very top-heavy side for wet conditions vs GC - for the 2nd year running.

Thompson can play a bit smaller but doesn't have MacMillan's run, Hall seemed the nearest like-for-like.

Hope we a particular structural advantage in mind to utilise 4x 198cm+ players (Goldstein, Larkey, Brown, Durdin) in those conditions.

D23D

Premium Platinum
Apr 27, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Like the idea of trialing Durdin to more AFL but that's a very top-heavy side for wet conditions vs GC - for the 2nd year running.

Thompson can play a bit smaller but doesn't have MacMillan's run, Hall seemed the nearest like-for-like.

Hope we a particular structural advantage in mind to utilise 4x 198cm+ players (Goldstein, Larkey, Brown, Durdin) in those conditions.
I agree with your concern although I don't think it will be as wet as you think.

benbanjo

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne

I'll take Thommo over jmac any day, jmac might have run but he cant defend and he cant kick.

CunnyTarryn

Rookie
Apr 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Those 7 tackles he had and 2 goals must have been a typo then .....
Were you there? He was ordinary and didn’t get in the bests. He had a couple of good moments but his defensive pressure and unwillingness to put his body on the line stood out. Ahern on the other hand ...

shimaburnsgrieg

Club Legend
Apr 1, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
New York Yankees
Were you there? He was ordinary and didn’t get in the bests. He had a couple of good moments but his defensive pressure and unwillingness to put his body on the line stood out. Ahern on the other hand ...
Yes I was there and commented in my review that Hall was a class above VFL level - that was obvious to anyone who watched the game live.

He was hurt early so was restricted but the idea that he 'didn't apply defensive pressure' is nonsense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

benbanjo

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Well yeh, I rate Thompson higher too but this was more about MacMillan a pretty decent medium pace runner for 4 quarters. Hall could cover that part of the requirement.
Maybe i missed something.
I thought you were saying if Thommo plays Jmacs role we lose some run.
what im implying is that his run doesnt provide us with much since he rarely hits targets after going for a run. I'd much rather thomo get the ball his field kicking is good and creative too.

Snake_Baker

L'enfant terrible
Apr 24, 2013
inside your head
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
The Unicornia Reactants
Metricon + Monsoon = Double Whammy. I just hope that GC young guys are spent.
It doesn't look anywhere near that bad in Moti's forecast post.

However, the idea of any precipition evaporating in that humid cesspit doesn't fill me with high skilled, high marking optimism.

ferball

Premium Platinum
Jul 24, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yes I was there and commented in my review that Hall was a class above VFL level - that was obvious to anyone who watched the game live.

He was hurt early so was restricted but the idea that he 'didn't apply defensive pressure' is nonsense.
Agree to disagree. Carry on
Bonus points for civility imo.

DuckYeah

Club Legend
Jul 5, 2010
Moist island
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It doesn't look anywhere near that bad in Moti's forecast post.

However, the idea of any precipition evaporating in that humid cesspit doesn't fill me with high skilled, high marking optimism.
Im in FNQ right now, its perfect, slight drizzle but described as standard winter rainfall... 24c 5mm of rain.. would assume GC wouldnt be too far from these conditions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom