kangaspurs

Cancelled
Jul 14, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham, Melbourne City FC
Really? Based on what mate?
Well, the games I've seen him play. He reads the ball well in flight and knows where to go to get the ball back going the other way in a way that's impressive for a big man. I like his decision making and use by foot with ball in hand too.

Durds' biggest issue is concentration for me, which then affects his defensive positioning, and that's when he gets caught out.

groo

Club Legend
Apr 18, 2009
geelong
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The ones and twos have been revigorated by the notion of opportunity based on performance. There needs to be at least two changes made to continue the renewed enthusiasm for positions. It's a no brainer to leave McMillan and turner out. Both sore, both question mark best 22 when 100%. Ahern in. I reckon Hall as well. A crazy notion nut could zurharr be tried on the hbf? Loves to tackle, can jump to spoil and has some dash and kicking skill.

zoomba23

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The ones and twos have been revigorated by the notion of opportunity based on performance. There needs to be at least two changes made to continue the renewed enthusiasm for positions. It's a no brainer to leave McMillan and turner out. Both sore, both question mark best 22 when 100%. Ahern in. I reckon Hall as well. A crazy notion nut could zurharr be tried on the hbf? Loves to tackle, can jump to spoil and has some dash and kicking skill.
Robbing Peter to pay Paul. Zurhaar's vision is too valuable to be wasted at half back. Had a couple of kicks inside 50 on the weekend (to Simpkin and then to Thomas IIRC) that were absolutely sublime. We've been crying out for a player with that sort of vision. Definitely keep him forward for now, maybe he could get a stint in the mids once his fitness improves

groo

Club Legend
Apr 18, 2009
geelong
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Robbing Peter to pay Paul. Zurhaar's vision is too valuable to be wasted at half back. Had a couple of kicks inside 50 on the weekend (to Simpkin and then to Thomas IIRC) that were absolutely sublime. We've been crying out for a player with that sort of vision. Definitely keep him forward for now, maybe he could get a stint in the mids once his fitness improves
Good half backs do deliver in to the forward 50.

zoomba23

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Good half backs do deliver in to the forward 50.
Appreciate that, but I reckon he can turn into a high half forward link-in-the-chain type who adds that forward pressure. You know, like a Shane Edwards Toby Greene type player. He isn't a natural defender, I know he loves a tackle, but his play style is instinctively that of a forward

Silver finger

Senior List
Mar 2, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Appreciate that, but I reckon he can turn into a high half forward link-in-the-chain type who adds that forward pressure. You know, like a Shane Edwards Toby Greene type player. He isn't a natural defender, I know he loves a tackle, but his play style is instinctively that of a forward

Agree. He looks like Toby Greene type.

goalieboy82

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2007
USA
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Fairfax Kangaroos
and now for some words from the coach:
Scamper, My Little Geelong Cat:
4954.jpeg

Meows the following:

It’s refreshing to listen to a coach who believes what he’s saying for a change.

Also is there a bigger flog than Sam Mclure in footy circles right now?
Why ask a Carlton related question re Brad is beyond me. Absolute muppet.

It’s refreshing to listen to a coach who believes what he’s saying for a change.

Also is there a bigger flog than Sam Mclure in footy circles right now?
Why ask a Carlton related question re Brad is beyond me. Absolute muppet.
If he asked Rhyce if he would apply for the Carlton job it might’ve been relevant (still poorly timed).

Dirty_11

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 28, 2014
Beneath the Blue & White
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Shinboners
"WE JUST WANT TO WIN FOOTBALL GAMES"

To all on here who want us to bottom out just to get a high draft pick - read the 1st line again....
Should always play to win and what will be is what will be. Pick 7, 8 or 9 could turn out to be the drafts best, who knows. Creating a winning culture far out ways all else.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

the flying ham

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Should always play to win and what will be is what will be. Pick 7, 8 or 9 could be turn out to be the drafts best, who knows. Creating a winning culture far out ways all else.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Exactly. The whole notion you trade out your best to secure picks doesn't work. History tells us that.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The bit near the start about how "we" play our football at North Melbourne was sensational. Music to my ears.

Its a very interesting position he's in.

I really feel there's a lot going for him in terms of getting the main gig.

If he can get the players to salute more times than not on the way outta this year he'd make himself very hard to unseat.

Then all of a sudden we're not really looking for a coach but probably a director of coaching type role, who can mentor him.

I'm loving that footy is fun again.

I love him
His plain talking nature is refreshing after such a long time of media polished nonsense.

Like it may not work and he might not be our guy and that's OK. This change is as good as a holiday for the football psyche.

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
His plain talking nature is refreshing after such a long time of media polished nonsense.

Like it may not work and he might not be our guy and that's OK. This change is as good as a holiday for the football psyche.
I like the comment, he’s coaching for getting the best out of the players here and now. Weve got a winner on our hands.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I like the comment, he’s coaching for getting the best out of the players here and now. Weve got a winner on our hands.

Isn't this really the ONLY thing a coach should do?

Isn't this really the ONLY thing a coach should do?

Which is why I want to see him get himself to a position where he could get the gig.

It'd mean the second half of this year sees us starting to deliver on the list potential.

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Which is why I want to see him get himself to a position where he could get the gig.

It'd mean the second half of this year sees us starting to deliver on the list potential.
A wise old head when talking about temp roles would say it’s his position to lose now.
I hope our board is smart enough to deliver the same message to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back