Preview Preview and changes vs The Gold Coast Suns in QLD

Status
Not open for further replies.
A wise old head when talking about temp roles would say it’s his position to lose now.
I hope our board is smart enough to deliver the same message to him.

Indeed.

The way I see it is he delivers wins and he makes himself undeniable.

I posted a graphic yesterday, he probably needs another 6 to really be in the frame for it. With every additional win the likelihood will increase.

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Indeed.

I posted a graphic yesterday, he probably needs another 6 to really be in the frame for it. With every additional win the likelihood will increase.
If we’re up and about for the next two weeks and hunt the giants like we did the tigers. Personally I’d pull the trigger and start looking for a director of coaching instead.

Indeed.

Yeah that seems about right. Winning another 5 would have him 6-6, while 7-5 or better with a challenging fixture is more like delivering on what the list is capable of. Notwithstanding luck, injures, etc.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Yeah that seems about right. Winning another 5 would have him 6-6, while 7-5 or better with a challenging fixture is more like delivering on what the list is capable of. Notwithstanding luck, injures, etc.

Agree, but two years, no more.

marklovesbeer

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 8, 2010
South Adelaide
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
South Adelaide Panthers
With JMac out how's Murphy been doing?
E272D143-31E7-40DA-98B8-73378C17E0DC.jpeg

Sep 11, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
His plain talking nature is refreshing after such a long time of media polished nonsense.

Like it may not work and he might not be our guy and that's OK. This change is as good as a holiday for the football psyche.

He is extremely dedicated as well as he has had zilch sleep since he got the job. He is giving his absolute all

I have been banging on about we need change for years and i believe the players needed it too

I have never felt so settled and confident we have the right people behind our players now so i am confident we will beat the suns and beat them well. Last week was the standard that is now set and the players are playing for their coach

North by 33 points

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
I heard that there was room for improvement on that particular day.

But it probably ranks as the most valuable loss for north since the cows pantsed us in that preseason cup game.

Short term pain for long term glory as we said in the 90s.

I can say I vocally contributed to our next Premiership that night

marklovesbeer

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 8, 2010
South Adelaide
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
South Adelaide Panthers
What's this kangakarpentry thing? is this like a gag account by players or are they actually learning the trade?
Yeah, the latter, but like their Arden Street Anglers account there is a fair bit of joking around. Pretty funny some of it.

31BD0DB9-8419-4F03-9C42-ED0F772BC9BA.jpeg

Last edited:

shimaburnsgrieg

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Weather forecast for GC has taken a turn for the worse - not monsoonal but not great either.

Min 13 Max 21 Showers. Possible rainfall: 5 to 10 mm Chance of any rain: 90%
Gold Coast area
Cloudy. Very high (90%) chance of showers and patchy rain, most likely from the late morning. Light winds.

Billy Not Really

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2018
Licking windows at the back of the bus.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
What more does Ahern have to do?

Nothing, we're just doing really well at the moment and bringing in changes threatens a game we're already lining up to potentially lose given our history, we always have a good game, follow it up with a bad one, on top of that our record at GC's home turfs are terrible.

I'd be playing it safe as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back