Preview Preview/changes v. Brisbane - Round 18

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drop Grundy, no worries. What about the other flogs who have struggled all season like Gus, Langdon and Pickett lately? Grundy not mates with Goody yet so doesn't get the free pass
Indeed. Grundy has been solid but not spectacular, but Pickett and Augustus been stinking it up for weeks.

I actually think this is more a realisation that Grundy and Gawn combo isn't working but they don't want to admit it publicly.

Like the JVR in, but a bit concerned he is going to be second ruck, taking him away from the forward line so much.

Schache has been going ok recently and is a much better second ruck, this situation seems better suited to him.

I'd go one further and say that Melky should also be out and have Schache and JVR in. Anyway it is what it is. Midfield will decide this game.

Like the JVR in, but a bit concerned he is going to be second ruck, taking him away from the forward line so much.

Schache has been going ok recently and is a much better second ruck, this situation seems better suited to him.

I'd go one further and say that Melky should also be out and have Schache and JVR in. Anyway it is what it is. Midfield will decide this game.
Agree. Schache at least plays that role pretty regularly and it forces him to be more physical and contest. Feel it's wasting JVR having him do the grunt work.
Melk was ok last week though, hopefully can at least force a contest up forward. Brisbane have good interceptors

Forgive the intrusion - with Daniher as our second ruck i don’t think goodwin has to worry about getting a genuine second ruck option. Daniher can be strangely effective as second ruck including goals but doesn’t tend to leave too many bruises on his opposition!

I’m tipping Gawn has been set for a big match - go back to his strength, big ruck minutes, wear down Oscar and roam around the ground taking marks.

Makes sense to me and i’d rather face Grundy than JVR.

I guess the jury is out on whether big max can manage that given his knee injury earlier in the year, but i wouldn’t be betting against him. Oscar is in decent form but will never be elite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back