Preview Preview/changes v. Brisbane - Round 18

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I really want to see a way for us to win but geez it’s almost impossible. Talent wise they’re significantly ahead based on the 22s and they’re in way better form.
Didn’t they lose to the Hawks like the day before we beat Collingwood?

I think it's the right call to make with Grundy

Gawn needs to return to his confident and dominant self

If Grundy offered more up Forward, then we could stick with him playing 25% in the ruck

I actually don't mind if they rest Grundy. Wouldn't mind if they rested Gawn some time either. Don't think this experiment with both of them on the ground is working, better off bringing in a genuine forward and have someone pinch hit in the ruck.

And we need to make Harris accountable.

Intruder coming here in peace.

Haven't watched melb for a few weeks but does sound like the gawndy combo wasn't getting great results.

I love Grundy and was shattered to lose him, but going to Melbourne was something I really liked.

One thing I would love to see next time they play together is the very occasional centre bounce where they both start in there (and then one rotates out of the midfield) both tackling beasts and can win a contested ball, I think it would really throw teams.

Best of luck for the rest of the season and hopefully see you guys on the last Saturday in September!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Intruder coming here in peace.

Haven't watched melb for a few weeks but does sound like the gawndy combo wasn't getting great results.

I love Grundy and was shattered to lose him, but going to Melbourne was something I really liked.

One thing I would love to see next time they play together is the very occasional centre bounce where they both start in there (and then one rotates out of the midfield) both tackling beasts and can win a contested ball, I think it would really throw teams.

Best of luck for the rest of the season and hopefully see you guys on the last Saturday in September!
I think the original plan was basically to have Grundy do more of the ruckwork while Gawn floats around the ground plugging holes. We saw it at its best in Round 1 but in Round 2 Gawn did his MCL in the first quarter and has looked like he's running in cement ever since.

Schache (did I spell that right?) has been doing alright as a forward for Casey. I like the look of him better than Brown or JVR.

Watch what you say mate

These lads on here will bag you for mentioning this LOL

I wouldn't say no to playing all 3 up forward (Van Rooyen Schache, Brown)

Watch what you say mate

These lads on here will bag you for mentioning this LOL

I wouldn't say no to playing all 3 up forward (Van Rooyen Schache, Brown)
Rightly so too, what a horrible set up

Hasn't Schache also been doing ok as a relief ruck at Casey?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Not really, has taken the ruck in forward 50

Verrall and Valentine have been the Ruck duo at Casey last couple weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back