Preview Preview/changes v. Collingwood @ MCG - Qualifying Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not enthused by T-mac's selection. He and JVR had a tendency to get in each other's way when playing together.
Thats OK, TMc's best work is done when he pushes outside F50, thru the midfield. And doubles back in. We need an open F50 with no more than 3 players in there together; spreading wide, opening spaces.

Those pushing high can reverse lead. While deeper players push high/wide. Just keep on moving/rolling, and the Pies backs won't know how to structure.

Our forward line breaks down when we become too boring and predictable.
TMc is a big part of this movement.

Not expecting much of a selection surprise tonight myself:-

In T.McDonald, Hibberd
Out: Turner, Melksham

Sub: A.Midfielder (Harmes actually would be a surprise) or Daniel Turner

Noble out is a huge surprise. I rate him highly.

He's played all their games this year too, so structurally it's a strange move to take an important piece out of the back six.

Guess it means Markov plays, who is similar.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If true I did think he dropped off over the last four odd rounds. His first half of the year was excellent.
- I feel it would be a selection mistake by them as Chandler/Pickett need someone like him.

JORDON_02.png

Strong 22.

Tomlinson unlucky but can’t go in top heavy with likely drizzle.

May & Lever with Smith to help out if need be should do the trick, with Max dropping back into the hole.

Last edited:
Collingwood will run with 3 talls up forward and we're running with the two key talls in Lever and May which hadn't worked that well this year.

Can't say I love these selections to be honest.
Hence Smith playing back. JVR and T-Mac up forward (with Fritsch) is all the marking targets we need in slippery conditions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hence Smith playing back. JVR and T-Mac up forward (with Fritsch) is all the marking targets we need in slippery conditions.
Smith gets too exposed in the backline. Really struggled in the first half against Carlton. Basically trusting Hibbo to play tall.

Perhaps, or maybe we're calling their bluff on going tall or having a late change?
Don't think there's too much game playing going on tbh. May/Lever/Smith to take Cox/Mihocek/McStay, meaning Hibbo can play on Elliott

Smith gets too exposed in the backline. Really struggled in the first half against Carlton. Basically trusting Hibbo to play tall.
Not saying I like the move, just saying that we can't expect May and Lever to take three talls between them

Collingwood will run with 3 talls up forward and we're running with the two key talls in Lever and May which hadn't worked that well this year.

Can't say I love these selections to be honest.
Usually I hate it when we dont play a 2nd KPD to free up Lever but with the weather forecast I think it's a good idea to go in a little shorter....I.think Tomo & Disco would struggle in the conditions.

Ginnivan sub..

Bit surprised.

Screen Shot 2023-09-06 at 6.30.10 pm.png

Smith trained forward on Monday though. Doesn't mean he absolutely won't play back of course, but not super convinced Smith plays back.
Guess we'll see. Asking Hibbo to play tall and taking him away from the Elliott matchup would be foolish, IMO.

Noble out and Ginnivan sub is super weird for mine. Two dangerous and quick players.

Actually increases my confidence of winning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back