Preview Preview/changes v. Collingwood @ MCG - Qualifying Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone think of a bigger game they've attended in person?

'21 GF in Perth, so couldn't attend
'00 GF couldn't get tickets

I can't think of a single game I've been to where we've played in front of ~95k as is predicted for tonight, combined with what's at stake

I can't think of a single game I've been to where we've played in front of ~95k as is predicted for tonight, combined with what's at stake
2000 QF against Carlton was pretty big. Similar vibes. Not sure how many attended that game, but it felt big. The 2000 prelim was an incredible atmosphere. Especially in the 2nd half when we pulled away from the Kangas. They're probably the two that stand out for me.

2000 QF against Carlton was pretty big. Similar vibes. Not sure how many attended that game, but it felt big. The 2000 prelim was an incredible atmosphere. Especially in the 2nd half when we pulled away from the Kangas. They're probably the two that stand out for me.
I got tickets behind the goals for this match, would've been 11, still the best match I've attended live, incredible finish, honestly reckon it sparked by passion for the dees.

I can't recall too many big finals, I'm too young to remember the late 80s early 90s. My first finals memory was in 94 against West Coast. 98 was a s**t system, would have played north in current system and had a chance to go straight through to a preliminary final, but instead had to play Adelaide. 2000 was a big finals series, still remember listening to the Carlton game on the radio, don't remember the preliminary final. After that we've either been mediocre with no chance of winning the premiership, or really s**t. We certainly are in the best period of mfc since the 50s/60s

I can't recall too many big finals, I'm too young to remember the late 80s early 90s. My first finals memory was in 94 against West Coast. 98 was a s**t system, would have played north in current system and had a chance to go straight through to a preliminary final, but instead had to play Adelaide. 2000 was a big finals series, still remember listening to the Carlton game on the radio, don't remember the preliminary final. After that we've either been mediocre with no chance of winning the premiership, or really s**t. We certainly are in the best period of mfc since the 50s/60s

We did go prelim, granny, semi, semi, semi 5 years straight from 87-91
Won a final every year of that.
We've only won finals in one year of this current cycle*

Hopefully very likely to change

Good call. 2000 prelim probably; also the Geelong elimination final just because finals were so new to us and I was so desperate not to get knocked out week 1.

But yeah this might top it all #ATG

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We did go prelim, granny, semi, semi, semi 5 years straight from 87-91
Won a final every year of that.
We've only won finals in one year of this current cycle*

Hopefully very likely to change
Fair point that period of consistency was great but winning a premiership still trumps it. Definitely need to see more from this current group.

The BF tips have the following favourites (by a large margin):
Collingwood
Carlton
GWS
Loins

GWS is the only favourite that I picked. Maybe the tipping comp just shows how many Collingwood supporters there are here.

The BF tips have the following favourites (by a large margin):
Collingwood
Carlton
GWS
Loins

GWS is the only favourite that I picked. Maybe the tipping comp just shows how many Collingwood supporters there are here.
Don't think it's unreasonable for a team who finished 2 games clear of us to be favourites.

Good call. 2000 prelim probably; also the Geelong elimination final just because finals were so new to us and I was so desperate not to get knocked out week 1.

But yeah this might top it all #ATG

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yeah the 2018 series is a good one. Two massive crowds (91k & 90k).

2000 I remember being at both games, but the norf crowd was around 60+, can't remember the carlton one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah the 2018 series is a good one. Two massive crowds (91k & 90k).

2000 I remember being at both games, but the norf crowd was around 60+, can't remember the carlton one.
Yeah the Norf prelim crowd was disappointing from memory. The Carlton QF game was much bigger.

The biggest game I've ever attended was the very first Anzac Day game. Drawn game, as a Dees supporter I'd never witnessed anything like it. Fights after the game, drunkenness everywhere. The game was insane. I still rate it as my most memorable game I've ever attended. I hope tonight takes its spot.

Collingwood will run with 3 talls up forward and we're running with the two key talls in Lever and May which hadn't worked that well this year.

Can't say I love these selections to be honest.
If the forecast wasn't the way it was id be raging. I hope Smith plays forward and we are able to hold up in D50 but I really hate Lever being left to take a tall.

Pies board reckon this is a 20% stronger side than their KBday outfit.
“We’re adding 1045 games of experience”.

They’re up and about over there. Almost have themselves convinced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back