Preview Preview Round 4: Brisbane Lions v Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Bell out of anyone these past four games should be thanking the Gods he still has a spot. He's done very little.

Be good to have Allen back in. Need that touch of class.
I'm betting Bell will play a decent game, get 2 or 3 cheapies over the back and cement his spot in the team for the next few weeks where he will struggle again. He is reminding me of Shane Watson a bit...

Gettting quite a few nice high draft picks in our team. Mayes, Rich, Hippy, Schache, McCluggage, Andrews (would have been top 5 if done again), finally getting some elite class in that we need. Definitly need more midfielders tho

I reckon if we retain all that talent, and if we nail this year's draft with a couple more bona fide A-grade gems to add to the team, we'll be just about set for the next decade :)

I just hope we can keep the ball in our forward 50 and that cox can tackle bigger bodies and make them stick if so we should be alright
R1 barrett 5 tackles.
R2 barrett 7 tackles.
R3 barrett 10 tackles
On the other hand if he makes half the tackles of Barrett and has over 70%DE that change should work in our favour. Good luck to the young fellas and beamsy jr. Hope they all have cracking game. Specifically beams jr cause he seems to be coping alot of flack, considering he has played seniors( this year) yet.

Gettting quite a few nice high draft picks in our team. Mayes, Rich, Hippy, Schache, McCluggage, Andrews (would have been top 5 if done again), finally getting some elite class in that we need. Definitly need more midfielders tho
Probably cant include Rich in that list considering he was a high draft pick about 9 years ago, don't think he's exactly an up and comer

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice to see Fagan not be afraid to drop Frost. Also makes sense this week as Tigers have a relatively short forward line. They concentrate on moving the ball quick and trying to isolate Riewoldt or Dusty deep forward.

As exciting as it will be to see Cedric Cox play i really worry about our under 19's forward line. Shak - Hippy and now Cox.

I just hope we can keep the ball in our forward 50 and that cox can tackle bigger bodies and make them stick if so we should be alright
R1 barrett 5 tackles.
R2 barrett 7 tackles.
R3 barrett 10 tackles
On the other hand if he makes half the tackles of Barrett and has over 70%DE that change should work in our favour. Good luck to the young fellas and beamsy jr. Hope they all have cracking game. Specifically beams jr cause he seems to be coping alot of flack, considering he has played seniors( this year) yet.

He might actually win the footy and be dangerous around goals instead of just trailing his opponent around.

hope we give Clay Beams a decent run in the midfield on sunday, would be good to see him disposing of the ball into the forward 50.

late change happening on easter sunday? Close in, ??? out.

Haha not quite, just saying watch in future. I was very disappointed with Barrett getting dropped

I would play McStay on Riewoldt and let Andrews float around down back taking intercept marks. Gardiner on Rioli.

Schache to full forward and Hipwood to CHF. Mitch Robinson to tag Dusty.

Schache is very good at running, I think he's better at full forward.

He might actually win the footy and be dangerous around goals instead of just trailing his opponent around.
He might. The ball might rebound out too. Time will tell. Don't think we can expect a complete game from a debutant eg: effective disposal 70% or higher, 18 possessions, 5-10 tackles and goals. Some of experienced guys aren't doing that.

Last edited:
expecting Hugh and Cedric to provide some silk tomorrow. appropriate that Cedric is wearing the number 20, not so much Hugh and the number 6, sorry Greeny.

In a perfect world where we had more depth to our midfield, Zorko and Christensen would both play as small pressure forwards and less in the midfield. Could you imagine getting to a stage where those 2 are spending their time at the feet of Hippy and Shack!

I like the inclusion of C.Beams, watched in him in the 2s and it is clear that his running ability has improved. He was so clean below his knees and balanced with the footy on a hot and humid Darwin evening. He used the ball with razor precision and really knocked the door down for selection. I really hope for his sake and for our team he is able to transfer this into an AFL game. I think on the wing he could be a very damaging footballer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back