PREVIEW THREAD: Round 2 Vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If Scully can shake off his injury concerns in the past 12 months he will be a recruiting coup. Obtained for a 2019 4th round pick, Scully has been one of the best runners in the comp in recent years and he is a proven high achiever: a Vice Captain in 2015, 2nd in GWS's B&F 2016 and 5th in 2017. A no loss all gain trade by the Hawks.

Bulldogs Legend

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
If Scully can shake off his injury concerns in the past 12 months he will be a recruiting coup. Obtained for a 2019 4th round pick, Scully has been one of the best runners in the comp in recent years and he is a proven high achiever: a Vice Captain in 2015, 2nd in GWS's B&F 2016 and 5th in 2017. A no loss all gain trade by the Hawks.

More a reflection on how s**t the GWS doctors must be if that pans out.
Still we have to see him under match pressure first for all we know he could break down again in the first five minutes.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

More a reflection on how s**t the GWS doctors must be if that pans out.
Still we have to see him under match pressure first for all we know he could break down again in the first five minutes.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Interesting they had to purge his wage off the bill but wanted to bring back a coke head & claim leadership qualities

stefoid

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 8, 2002
home
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
More like Tiger, we don't have enough points for Qantas yet, maybe when we have more even output
across the 22 we can upgrade you to Emirates or British Airways. :thumbsu: Would you like to see all the
winners from round 1, I find it interesting how different teams spread the load across the 22 players
and how some teams can absorb or control a higher volume team.

god no, Im only interested in cheap shots, please dont engage me

Oct 9, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
JMac getting fleeced in a trade? I'm shocked

Triple Baileys

Club Legend
Jan 7, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I'm looking at the selected sides. Don't have any issues with the starting 18 but, gee, the bench. Williams and Richards seem locks for two spots on the pine, gotta say, Lipinski after his BOG VFL game for Dickson appeals to me and I'm in the more game time for Bailey Smith crew. Our persistance with Richards last year seemed to pay dividends, his development was probably accelerated. Going to be interesting when JJ and Lynch are available.

BrunswickDog

Team Captain
Jul 18, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I'm looking at the selected sides. Don't have any issues with the starting 18 but, gee, the bench. Williams and Richards seem locks for two spots on the pine, gotta say, Lipinski after his BOG VFL game for Dickson appeals to me and I'm in the more game time for Bailey Smith crew. Our persistance with Richards last year seemed to pay dividends, his development was probably accelerated. Going to be interesting when JJ and Lynch are available.

Lynch is available. Form is not good enough for a spot atm. Kicked a couple of goals in the vfl last week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah, lots of respect and was genuinely happy that it was u guys who made it all the way. Least bitter knock-out finals loss (if there is such a thing) in recent memory for me anyway.

Post game bitterness is understandable, however I recall quite a number of you guys coming here and being genuinely pleased with our 2016 win. The same cannot be said for Swans supporters in the time since.

gordo2016

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2017
Footscray, Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Tom Boyd training on Tuesday. Will gladden my heart if I see the big fella doing this in a game soon.

1553776110580.png

AJARWA

All Australian
Mar 2, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Cordy has a real natural aggression, he loves that stuff. He's our backline Liberatore.
Every chance Naughton becomes our forward line aggressor. Seems to enjoy the argy bargy. He'll be fine this week. No doubt English will be targeted.
Can see Libba getting in Sicily's ear like he did last year in JLT 1.

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Would love to see 45-50k there Sunday, should be a ripper match..

We often give up the midfield battle, Clarko likes to set up from defence and ensure structures are spot on, it doesn’t seem to bother us as we often win the inside 50 count.

No doubt you blokes have the midfield brigade, definitely on paper stronger but we are getting more and more confident with our kids going through there.

I’m confident due to being at the G, at Marvel different story.

All the best

Doggy

Brownlow Medallist
May 20, 2006
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

We often give up the midfield battle, Clarko likes to set up from defence and ensure structures are spot on, it doesn’t seem to bother us as we often win the inside 50 count.

No doubt you blokes have the midfield brigade, definitely on paper stronger but we are getting more and more confident with our kids going through there.

All the best

Love all the crap you have said on your board. You are still bitter about 2016. Move on.

VogonProsthetnic

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Beaufort
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

All the best

We seem to play much better at the MCG for some reason. Hawks defence structure also works better on small grounds.

Remember the 10 goal thrashing last season, though I'm sure we are a 3-4 goal better team now.

Every chance Naughton becomes our forward line aggressor. Seems to enjoy the argy bargy. He'll be fine this week. No doubt English will be targeted.
Can see Libba getting in Sicily's ear like he did last year in JLT 1.
Wallis was talking about Libba on SEN. "I'm glad he's a teammate" is the best summary imaginable.

Doggy

Brownlow Medallist
May 20, 2006
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Was a hard day, about 35k hawks amongst 35k neutrals eeek
I'm not sure what the crowd figures have to do with hawthorn losing that game convincingly, other than to have a dig at us for turnout, which you have also done on your board. it's pretty petty to be honest and your contribution has added nothing but an unnecessary troll to the conversation

May 27, 2002
Torquay
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Bulldogs
Was a hard day, about 35k hawks amongst 35k neutrals eeek

Ha ha making my laugh here, you must not have went to the game. The Dogs clearly had more supporters than Hawks for that finals (even my Hawks mate acknowledged that)

To be fair it was understandable, you had made the finals every year was on the way down, Dogs had the support after a big finals win in WA. 45k Dogs vs 25k Hawks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back