Preview Preview v Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rivers has played 7 bad games in a row and still gets a game while Morton plays 1 bad game and gets dropped. Well done Bailey you are a great developer of players. Drop Bailey and put in West, if he doesn't drop Miller I'm calling for his head.

Rivers has played 7 bad games in a row and still gets a game while Morton plays 1 bad game and gets dropped. Well done Bailey you are a great developer of players. Drop Bailey and put in West, if he doesn't drop Miller I'm calling for his head.

It was only a matter of time until this post came.

:eek:

Melbourne
B: Clint Bartram, James Frawley, Kyle Cheney
HB: Colin Garland, Jared Rivers, Jack Grimes
C: Brad Green, Jack Trengove, Cameron Bruce
HF: Jamie Bennell, Matthew Bate, Lynden Dunn
F:Neville Jetta, Jack Watts, Aaron Davey
Foll: Mark Jamar, Brent Moloney, Nathan Jones
I/C (from): Joel Macdonald, Tom Scully, Jordie McKenzie, Jake Spencer, Brad Miller, Matthew Warnock, Addam Maric

In: Cheney, Maric, Spencer, Bennell
Out: Cale Morton

Morton out is interesting, not sure if it's injury or omitted.

Miller on the extended bench has to mean he's finally been f***ed off.

I'm a bit meh on Cheney playing still.

I'd go with Scully, McKenzie, Maric, Macdonald on the pine out those choices.

almost guarantee cheney is playing thanks to the dees website. First time they have mentioned it possibly being his first game

Well he's only played five games after a very long injury tbf to him. Has had some good games too, v Carlton and Collingwood. We just need to get him away from the half back flank!

I/C (from): Tom Scully, Jordie McKenzie, Brad Miller, Addam Maric

I am glad the gave Cheney we need to see if he is upto AFL level and he has been playing well at Casey. Like wise maric's form has been good over a peroid of 6 weeks now and derserve at chance to see what he has got at AFL level.

Warnock to be dropped was poor last week, if he was going to play they would of named him on the ground IMO, the saints have a small mobile fwd line. Bailey will back Rivers/Garland/Frawley aginst Kosi/Stanley/Mcevoy. I have a feeling Frawley could go to Milne, but would also back Batram in against Milne.

Spencer should not play, i don't see why Bialey would change his plans with Jamar playing one out Miller and Dunn to offer support. Spencer is to much of a liability around the ground, we need as much foot skills and speed around the ground as possible.

I/C (from): Tom Scully, Jordie McKenzie, Brad Miller, Addam Maric

I am glad the gave Cheney we need to see if he is upto AFL level and he has been playing well at Casey. Like wise maric's form has been good over a peroid of 6 weeks now and derserve at chance to see what he has got at AFL level.

Warnock to be dropped was poor last week, if he was going to play they would of named him on the ground IMO, the saints have a small mobile fwd line. Bailey will back Rivers/Garland/Frawley aginst Kosi/Stanley/Mcevoy. I have a feeling Frawley could go to Milne, but would also back Batram in against Milne.

Spencer should not play, i don't see why Bialey would change his plans with Jamar playing one out Miller and Dunn to offer support. Spencer is to much of a liability around the ground, we need as much foot skills and speed around the ground as possible.

Good call on Cheney, i've wanted that blood nut in the team for weeks. Like Bennell in the side also.

Jordie Mac should not be dropped this week, i don't understand why his position is always under threat... yet players like Jones seam to get away with double bogey's.

Miller stays, no forward should be dropped after last weeks debarcle. They received U10's delivery, enough said.

Spencer is a disgusting excuse for a footballer and will do nothing more than embarrass himself and the club.

Saints by 70+

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hold on a tick, I've seen you guys get up for big games i.e Collingwood twice. When you guys are on song, you play fast attacking footy through the corridor (bordering on reckless). Why do you not think thats a chance against us? I rate you guys a chance this weekend.

Whoever said earlier about Morton "cruising around" the last few weeks is right, imo. I reckon he's been dropped back to Casey to refocus him, bit of a kick up the arse. He's a great player when he's focused and intense, but like 99% of players, he's not mutch help to us when he's not.

I say good call.

Defs think dropping Mort was harsh. Hopefully its to do with an injury...

Yeah.. no.

carnasaint55 said:
Hold on a tick, I've seen you guys get up for big games i.e Collingwood twice. When you guys are on song, you play fast attacking footy through the corridor (bordering on reckless). Why do you not think thats a chance against us? I rate you guys a chance this weekend.

It's at the Dome of Death which makes it hard..

.. and the fact that it's the wooden spooners vs. grand finalist from last year.

Go Demons!

haha well played headless. My statement was indeed stupid.

EDIT: I just remembered why I said it!
Instead of injury, I guess I meant maybe he pulled up sore (general soreness) and had to miss a week...And reading cannons post below about the turf at Etihad maybe thats a possibility too...

I certainly didn't think he was worth dropping, in any case. ANd I definitely didn't want him to have some sort of long term injury, haha

Agreed, Rivers just seems to get a free ride in the seniors irrespective of how appalling his form is.

Morton, on the other hand, played really well against Carlton and Collingwood, then had one poor game against Adelaide and bang, he's out of the side.

Could it be possible that the club is worried about Cale playing at Etihad after his serious knee injury? I say that because it's the only possible explanation I can think of for dropping him and keeping someone like Rivers in the side.

Collingwoods game style (playing the boundry line) suits us, when we managed to create turnovers there was space for us to use up the middle of the ground. Not to mention those two games were at the large open spaces of the MCG, we played you guys there round 22 last yr and did ok for a half.

However we are terrible at Etihad, the smaller spaces makes it a lot easier for sides to cram us for space which result in numerous turnovers on our behalf. Your frontal pressure and ability to zone off areas will kill us, North did it very well i can only imgaine what you guys are going to do to us.

Apparently Kosi wont be playing this week with an ankle injury that happen during the last quarter against Geelong. Reported from the saints board from a witness that saw him at training.

Final Team

Round 14 team v St Kilda
F: Neville Jetta, Jack Watts, Aaron Davey
FOLL: Mark Jamar, Brent Moloney, Nathan Jones
I/C: Joel Macdonald, Tom Scully, Jordie McKenzie, Jake Spencer
EMG: Brad Miller, Matthew Warnock, Addam Maric

In: Cheney, Bennell, Spencer
Out: Morton, Miller, Warnock

Miller dropped!

Morton, on the other hand, played really well against Carlton and Collingwood, then had one poor game against Adelaide and bang, he's out of the side.

Could it be possible that the club is worried about Cale playing at Etihad after his serious knee injury? I say that because it's the only possible explanation I can think of for dropping him and keeping someone like Rivers in the side.

Morton's first half against Collingwood was very poor. IMO he has been ordinary so far this year (didn't see Carlton match though).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back