Preview Preview v The One Flag Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

I plan on going to a pub to watch the game. Problem is, the big screen + audio will be the Freo game since I'm in WA. I want a radio stream to listen to that will match up with the video on Fox, any recommendations? Literally never used radio to listen to a game before so have no idea where to look

Don't know what stations you can get, many like the ABC because no ads, but they have a certain annoying quality about them, I can't quite put a finger on it but I think it is that they are so big on every other issue, they don't give you any real sense as to where the ball is on the ground. I find SEN and Fox usually hit a balance between hyping the action, discussing important vagaries and keeping you informed as to where the actually is and who has it.

But, I'm one of those losers who enjoyed Rex Hunt in his heyday. So what do I know. Hell, I criticised our national broadcaster. I will not do it again - I OBEY!!!

I plan on going to a pub to watch the game. Problem is, the big screen + audio will be the Freo game since I'm in WA. I want a radio stream to listen to that will match up with the video on Fox, any recommendations? Literally never used radio to listen to a game before so have no idea where to look
The AFL site usually has a link to 2 or 3 live radio calls through the match centre. Whichever of those takes your preference. ABC is usually a pretty safe option.

I think through the AFL app radio stream would be your best bet. Not 100% sure on the syncing to the video though.

Nope. For me its personal. Ive recounted this story here before, but here it goes again. That clubs supporters were responsible for the one occasion when attending a game of football where I genuinely felt that I was going to be assaulted at any movement. Id had a group of 20 or so of St.Kilda finest young men standing behind me on the concourse of Marvel for the entirety of the game, who after downing many cups of beer and watching their side let a game slip away decided that I would be the person that they would focus the pent up disappointment of following that sad club on for the last 45 minutes of the game. I can look after myself and Im not one for turning the other cheek and slinking away, but 20:1 odds are bit much. So I stayed where I was continued to support my team to victory and took the torrent of abuse that came my way until the game was over and I had to brush past them fully expecting to get punched in the back of the head. Fortunately all I had to contend with was more glaring stares and abuse.

Then there was the time I sat with a saints supporting friend on level 3 when Mitch Wallis broke his leg and they reeled in a big half time deficit. Something I won't be doing that again. But that's a story for another day.

So, yeah...fu** St.Kilda, any of their members reading this and any altruistic good will towards them in this thread. fu** em, Id rather see GWS succeed before them. In my experience they are without doubt the worst supporters in the league.
Lol. I WAS jostled and abused by Pies supporters at Vic Park as a youngster. And I'm a woman.

Is that you Ricky?

images

I hope so! That's how we roll down Moorabbin way.
Ooohh Geez .... I'd forgotten about this 😒

Nope. For me its personal. Ive recounted this story here before, but here it goes again. That clubs supporters were responsible for the one occasion when attending a game of football where I genuinely felt that I was going to be assaulted at any movement. Id had a group of 20 or so of St.Kilda finest young men standing behind me on the concourse of Marvel for the entirety of the game, who after downing many cups of beer and watching their side let a game slip away decided that I would be the person that they would focus the pent up disappointment of following that sad club on for the last 45 minutes of the game. I can look after myself and Im not one for turning the other cheek and slinking away, but 20:1 odds are bit much. So I stayed where I was continued to support my team to victory and took the torrent of abuse that came my way until the game was over and I had to brush past them fully expecting to get punched in the back of the head. Fortunately all I had to contend with was more glaring stares and abuse.

Then there was the time I sat with a saints supporting friend on level 3 when Mitch Wallis broke his leg and they reeled in a big half time deficit. Something I won't be doing that again. But that's a story for another day.

So, yeah...fu** St.Kilda, any of their members reading this and any altruistic good will towards them in this thread. fu** em, Id rather see GWS succeed before them. In my experience they are without doubt the worst supporters in the league.
For me it's Richmond.

Quite a few “sore” players on light duties early in the week ... Naughton, Bruce, Lipinski etc.

I hope nobody thinks this will be a walk in the park.
I was wrong.
🌳🚶‍♂️🌳

Last edited:
Ok, this match is worrying me. It's got me in my best Danny from Droop St form.

Here are my big concerns:
1. Bruce has a shocker b/c it's against his old club [correct, he only kicked 3 goals], so bad that the Saints can play 2 against Naughton, which seriously affects his impact [correct, he was held to only 5 goals].
2. Cody Weightman. What's the problem? Consistency. He had a massive match last week and won't been seen this week, then back to the magoos to try and find...consistency. [mostly correct, wasn't as good as last week but may keep his spot]
3. Hunter's hand is a factor and he plays a mediocre game [correct - well under 30 possessions]
4. Billings wins another Majak Daw award. [correct, he shone for them more than he normally does]
5. The Saints put all the pressure on our A graders, Bont, Libba, Macrae, Treloar, Daniel, + 1 or two others, and our second tier fails to step up, showing that they have been carried through our wins. [correct, the Saints did put all the pressure on our A graders - it just didn't work and there was the usual performance gap with most of our second tier players]

If we are to win, we need Roarke, Scott, McNeil, Sweet and JJ to have massive matches. [correct, they were all really good, noting that Scott got injured after a bright start].

So, I was almost 100% correct in my predictions. :$

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back