Preview Preview v The One Flag Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Would love to “Norf” them this week!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you referring to how we humiliated Norf by 128 points?

PS I know you are, I just wanted to reference again about how we humiliated Norf by 128 points.

Which we did, that is, beat Norf by 128 points. We did do that. :)

I just assumed they were taking the piss and were implying Bartel, who has been out of the game for five years, is currently good enough to get a game for them. Seriously, that's what I thought and I'm not even joking.

Until the last few posts I actually had to Google "Bytel Saints" to realise this was no piss take.

If we stick to what we practiced all pre season we should win. Inside 50 delivery and not letting goals out the back will be vital against the Saints.

Hopefully English is right to go.

I can handle losing to some teams but NEVER the Aints. Will we play down to their level like we did last year OR are we actually going to play our game and beat them?

It’s all to do with attitude this week.... We need to keep banking the 4 points and secure ourselves a top 2 spot.

I use to worry about how many Bruce is going to kick against us and how easily they will transition from defence to open men.... not worried about that this year.

I can handle losing to some teams but NEVER the Aints. Will we play down to their level like we did last year OR are we actually going to play our game and beat them?

It’s all to do with attitude this week.... We need to keep banking the 4 points and secure ourselves a top 2 spot.

I use to worry about how many Bruce is going to kick against us and how easily they will transition from defence to open men.... not worried about that this year.

Last year against the Saints we were bombing it high into our forward line and being killed on the way back. Both of those things we've stopped doing this season

If we can manage to stick with our 2021 game style we should win

From a little glance over there, their discussion of the midfield battle is something to behold.

Crouch to match Macrae. Steele to match the output of Bont. Bytel to match libba inside and Billings to beat Hunter on the wing.

Guess they don’t realise Hunter hasn’t been playing on the wing as much lately, that libba has the third most clearance in history to this point of a season. And that Smith and Treloar will also go through there.

No team I want to smash more than the saints. Their percentage tells you where their at, only way we don’t win this is attitude.

That is all actually fine, but then there is no mention of who will take on Treloar or Bazlenka...😆

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The preview on their board is great. Most of them think they’re certainties to win.

It’s baffling, isn’t it? I think we’ve beaten the demons the last two times we played them but I’d not be over confident of beating them this year. Why? Because they’re above us on the ladder and playing well.

Each to their own but it’s interesting to see supporters of a 4-5, 81% team wildly confident of beating a 8-1, 146% team.

Can’t remember the last time I ventured on to another team’s forum to look at their preview thread. Think I’ll leave it a while until the next time as I feel a bit dumber for reading some of those posts.

Yes we deserve to be warm favourites and expect to grind out a tough win. Reasons we are going to be without Tim, Easton, Dunks, VDM possible Lachie all in our best team, we had a tough physical game against port and besides the ones Bevo mentioned Caleb got crunched in the last quarter and was sore at the end game. I was impressed with the saints tackling and endeavour against the cats and feel is that they will probably accurate this week.

Still think we win but we certainly should not be taking this one for granted and start looking ahead to the dees.

From a little glance over there, their discussion of the midfield battle is something to behold.

Crouch to match Macrae. Steele to match the output of Bont. Bytel to match libba inside and Billings to beat Hunter on the wing.

Guess they don’t realise Hunter hasn’t been playing on the wing as much lately, that libba has the third most clearance in history to this point of a season. And that Smith and Treloar will also go through there.

No team I want to smash more than the saints. Their percentage tells you where their at, only way we don’t win this is attitude.

Bytel? Who the hell is that?

Just looked up his stats. Not great reading.

Is he a tagger? I'm waiting for teams to try to clamp down on Libba
I very much doubt any coach is stupid enough to clamp down on Libba. He's already doing his best work with players all around him. Tagging him would be futile.

Yes we deserve to be warm favourites and expect to grind out a tough win. Reasons we are going to be without Tim, Easton, Dunks, VDM possible Lachie all in our best team, we had a tough physical game against port and besides the ones Bevo mentioned Caleb got crunched in the last quarter and was sore at the end game. I was impressed with the saints tackling and endeavour against the cats and feel is that they will probably accurate this week.

Still think we win but we certainly should not be taking this one for granted and start looking ahead to the dees.
I don’t think anyone here is taking this game for granted. They’ve beaten us 3 or 4 x in a row. Total bogey side.

Regardless, the point we are all raising is that their supporters suffer from delusional arrogance.

Our team, coach and management have them covered in every way. Just need an even, decent performance. Grind them over 4 quarters and we will get it done.

PLEASE NOTE: It is not permissible to quote a post from another board unless the original poster's name is removed.

The level of animosity the average sainter holds for their fellow minnow in us and the dees is quite alarming. It's like they resent us for winning another premiereship before them.

Ahh the mindset of a life lived green in envy.

I will pray for them.

On VOG-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app
To be fair, half our board is guilty of the same. People use toxic Saints supporters as justification for hating them, but I'd be willing to bet they view us exactly the same way for the same reasons.

I actually quietly hope Saints and to an extent Melbourne see success. * the big clubs

The level of animosity the average sainter holds for their fellow minnow in us and the dees is quite alarming. It's like they resent us for winning another premiereship before them.

Ahh the mindset of a life lived green in envy.

I will pray for them.

On VOG-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

2016 broke the Saints BF board.

The clubs we should reserve our animosity for are the bigger clubs who bought premierships and dominated decade after decade in the 20th century.

Like us, North, St Kilda and Melbourne have been small to medium sized clubs with minimal success. I wouldn't really begrudge them the odd flag if we aren't winning it in any given year. Sorry Leon. Rather them than Richmond, Carlton, Collingwood, Geelong or Essendon.

The equalisation measures of the salary cap and the draft have been an outstanding success and we have shown that with astute list management any of the smaller clubs can win a flag. We'll repeat the dose this year to prove it was no fluke.

I also don't get the targeted hate for St Kilda, perhaps because I spent some of my childhood years in Saints territory.

Each to their own pet passions I guess.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back