Preview Preview v The One Flag Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah well he has a point. We hated always being taunted for having one flag. Can’t we be a bit more generous?
They taunted us for simply losing a prelim. Even though we had the same amount of flags.

I only resent them because of that period. If they weren’t like that then I would be “generous” as you put it. I don’t go around picking on the few clubs that have less flags than us. They did though.

Well.....the title of this thread doesn't do us any favours. We hated the one flag term prior to 2016 so I understand their resentment to it.

They've also won the last 3 games against us and since 2015, where we have been in finals contention and they haven't bar last year, they have a 5-4 record against us. They're a bogey side for us like Carlton who we nearly lost to 2 weeks ago.

This won't be a walk in the park if we aren't switched on. The Saints were excellent last week and if they bring that pressure again, and we are off a bit, they could easily beat us for the 4th time in a row. Geary is no world beater but he consistently has his way against us. He shut down Caleb and kicked 2 goals in the process in the EF. Those things just seem to happen against our bogey sides. Just like how we let Betts, who has done stuff all this season, kick 5 against us.

We're a vastly different side to last year where we had 14 more I50s yet only kicked 5 goals in 3 quarters in the EF. But we need to make sure we see this year's version of the dogs on saturday night. We do that and we win easily. But if we see any semblance of our 2020 version they'll jump us again.
The thread name is a pisstake. I’m not dumb enough to forget only over 5 years ago the same term applied to us.

Everywhere I go for the past 5 years on Bigfooty Twitter Facebook etc you will see the Saints supporters getting in to comment before anyone else and say the same things over and over.

Umpires, throws, that flag was a fluke, remember nick riewoldt.

That stuff just makes me laugh but if you make fun of them they cry poor me.

They taunted us for simply losing a prelim. Even though we had the same amount of flags.

I only resent them because of that period. If they weren’t like that then I would be “generous” as you put it. I don’t go around picking on the few clubs that have less flags than us. They did though.

Yes not just the saints but general jealously amongst some opposition supporters is amazing. When we won in 2016 it was only won because it was like we created the bye to get players back and we were the umpire pets. It has already started we are only winning because we are the throwdogs what a load of crap.

If we are not in the GF and the dees are I will strongly going for dees. Yes would be disappointed we did not win it but happy for the dee supporters. Will not be fabricating reasons how they cheated to win it leave that to the jealous opposition supporters.

The thread name is a pisstake. I’m not dumb enough to forget only over 5 years ago the same term applied to us.
Pisstake for sure. I'm just pointing out that we can't exactly be surprised by their reaction to it.
End of the day, they were extremely cocky in the 2009-2010 era. We had cocky fans after 2016. Tiger fans are extremely cocky right now, so much so they whinge about having to travel to Marvel. All fans get up and about when their team is doing well. I'm not sure why, but both saints fans and dogs fans get more annoyed at each other when they get cocky. All because of the historic 1 flag thing. If we had bloody gone on with it after 2016 like Richmond had and won 3 flags we wouldn't hear from them and they wouldn't hear from us. I bloody hope we win saturday and move on to better things.

Everywhere I go for the past 5 years on Bigfooty Twitter Facebook etc you will see the Saints supporters getting in to comment before anyone else and say the same things over and over.

Yep - Max King kicked 1 goal 5 last week because of umpires.

If you look closely at pictures of the grassy knoll you can see an umpire with a rifle.

Oh yeah. There are still plenty trying to belittle our flag they can only dream of winning. I just want to win more and more and let our footy do the talking. Who cares what they have to say.

Yes not just the saints but general jealously amongst some opposition supporters is amazing. When we won in 2016 it was only won because it was like we created the bye to get players back and we were the umpire pets. It has already started we are only winning because we are the throwdogs what a load of crap.

If we are not in the GF and the dees are I will strongly going for dees. Yes would be disappointed we did not win it but happy for the dee supporters. Will not be fabricating reasons how they cheated to win it leave that to the jealous opposition supporters.
Jealousy is also fuelling the #freekickbulldogs rubbish.

Jealousy is also fuelling the #freekickbulldogs rubbish.
Yep. All clubs with success cop it. Tall poppy syndrome. Saints fans still get up and about over regular season wins. I remember that used to be us. Fans can talk all the crap they want. I just want to win.

I have mixed feelings on the dees. Like them because I hate seeing and picking on most teams while they’re down (unless they’re Essendon or Carlton) and theyve never wronged us at least from memory. and I dislike some of their former players but I guess that’s an individual dislike not a dislike of their whole club.

Their fans in person and on social media have been good. Half their fans on big footy however have not.
There's a special place in hell for Essendon. That's mostly due to their arrogance, entitlement and heavily biased media. They can rot.

Saints will throw everything they have at us like Carlton did.

We need to enter the game knowing that and fight back. Do that and we run over the top of them after the first quarter.

I hope their fans show up so its a packed stadium and due to their record members however history is against them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ES81FwoU4AADHJf.jpeg

Do you think they still call it a trophy cabinet or do they refer to it more accurately as a trophy hole?

There's an article on SEN (AFL news) that he is still affected by some headache symptoms after training sessions. Seems he is doubtful again. And yes, it is becoming a concern.
It's not yet confirmed at all.

Edmund has taken Beveridge's comments and spun that to mean he will certainly miss.

He might, but it's not confirmed nor will it be until Thursday

Sorry to ask a dumb question....but I’m probably not the only one wondering.

Who is Bytel???

Jack Bytel
#23 St Kilda Saints
Age: 21yr 2mth Games: 11 Born: March 14, 2000 Origin: Calder Cannons
Height: 189cm Weight: 78kg Position: Midfield
Last Drafted: Round 2, Pick #41 2018 National Draft by St Kilda Saints
Supercoach Price: $277,700 Supercoach Profile
AFL Fantasy Price: $376,000 AFL Fantasy Profile
Contract Status: Out of contract at the end of 2022 AFL Player Contracts

(source = footywire today)

He has played 8 games this year and handballs more than he kicks the ball:

DescriptionDateOpponentResultKHBDMGBTHOGAI50CLCGR50FFFAAFSC
Round 9​
May 14​
Cats
8​
8​
16​
3​
0​
0​
7​
0​
0​
0​
4​
2​
1​
0​
0​
77​
66​
Round 8​
May 8​
Suns
7​
8​
15​
3​
0​
1​
2​
0​
0​
4​
3​
4​
1​
1​
1​
53​
40​
Round 7​
May 1​
8​
13​
21​
2​
0​
0​
8​
0​
1​
5​
7​
3​
1​
1​
2​
83​
91​
Round 6​
Apr 25​
1​
5​
6​
0​
0​
0​
0​
0​
0​
1​
3​
1​
0​
0​
0​
13​
8​
Round 5​
Apr 15​
4​
6​
10​
3​
0​
0​
4​
0​
0​
2​
2​
1​
2​
0​
0​
49​
50​
Round 4​
Apr 10​
6​
13​
19​
1​
0​
0​
7​
0​
0​
3​
5​
3​
0​
0​
1​
72​
89​
Round 2​
Mar 27​
2​
4​
6​
1​
0​
0​
1​
0​
0​
0​
0​
1​
1​
0​
1​
18​
18​
Round 1​
Mar 21​
9​
4​
13​
1​
0​
0​
10​
0​
0​
5​
6​
2​
1​
1​
0​
79​
74​

I wouldn't read too much into the comments by vocal BF posters. If people on this website were anything to go by, you'd think Australia is entirely made up of aggressive degenerates. People on the Saints board seem to get wound up into their hatred of the Dogs purely because of the comments of a handful of Dogs posters. It's funny observing it from the side as someone who likes the Dogs, because I see essentially the exact same comments, and the exact same justification for them, on both boards about each other.

I wouldn't read too much into the comments by vocal BF posters. If people on this website were anything to go by, you'd think Australia is entirely made up of aggressive degenerates. People on the Saints board seem to get wound up into their hatred of the Dogs purely because of the comments of a handful of Dogs posters. It's funny observing it from the side as someone who likes the Dogs, because I see essentially the exact same comments, and the exact same justification for them, on both boards about each other.
BAN HIM! lol jk. Welcome to the friendliest board on Bigfooty, The Steadier. Can I grab you a drink? Take your coat? ;)

Word for Word a comment made by Virgin Dog.. and right too

Mutt ban him

I don't mind the Sainters to be honest. Battling s**t truck of a club. Hard to get mad about.

Plus they've got a few funny posters on here with the umpire whingeing etc. Makes me laugh on the main board.

Any hatred from their side is probably fueled by us having twice the ammount of flags as them which I can understand.

Can I grab you a drink? Take your coat? ;)

Is that you Ricky?

images

I hope so! That's how we roll down Moorabbin way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back