Preview Preview vs St Kilda, Saturday 22nd, 4:35PM @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Need to work over Carlisle. He’ll be too strong one on one for Hipwood or McStay.
Very decent chance that Jake will play forward.

Apparently spent some time there in the VFL last week and someone on our board said he played there in match sim today.

He's probably underdone, and I think you can get away with that more up forward than down back.

Hope it's a cracking game with no injuries. :thumbsu:

Very decent chance that Jake will play forward.

Apparently spent some time there in the VFL last week and someone on our board said he played there in match sim today.

He's probably underdone, and I think you can get away with that more up forward than down back.

Hope it's a cracking game with no injuries. :thumbsu:

If he does play forward that will bring back a lot of memories from his Essendon days when he played forward and a young Diz Gardiner got under his skin, the week following week he was asked who the Brisbane player was and he didn't know, he will know him now.

here comes the Melts :)

In:
  • Allen Christensen,
  • Ryan Lester,
  • Oscar McInerney
Out
  • Lewis Taylor (Injured),
  • Archie Smith (Omitted),
  • Nick Robertson (Omitted)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saints have a quick forwardline. Hard to see a matchup for Hodge. They have a slow midfield though but I guess so do we.

Another week lost at the bloody selection table
FzIi.gif

In the words of Britain Gots Talent - bet you didn't expect tat. Every week it seem we discuss the team at length on here yet we rarely get it right in a whole season. N Robbo and Lester playing the same role really and now playing revolving doors. Smith for Big O another two players in the same role but i think smith might see his door a little closed until Martin retires. Bundy for Squiz well none of us knew Squiz was injured, maybe it was in today's light training run.

Oscar and Lester are great inclusions, but I would have come in with Bastinac rather than Christensen. Rayner gets ANOTHER chance. Would have dropped him for Keays, but now that the team is selected, as I say every week, we have to back them in and hope they all justify their selection.

In the words of Britain Gots Talent - bet you didn't expect tat. Every week it seem we discuss the team at length on here yet we rarely get it right in a whole season. N Robbo and Lester playing the same role really and now playing revolving doors. Smith for Big O another two players in the same role but i think smith might see his door a little closed until Martin retires. Bundy for Squiz well none of us knew Squiz was injured, maybe it was in today's light training run.
We've all got out pet peeves (mine at the moment is definitely Mathieson) but it's pretty clear that the last wing/half forward spot and the 3rd tall defender are the spots the coaching staff haven't been happy with most of the year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back