PRGuy to be unmasked

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm so surprised given the OP was "Regardless of what you may think of PRGuy politically, is this a good thing? Bad thing? Start of the end of online anonymity?"............that so many are looking at the concept from the lens of PRGuys political position.

Should some ones rights for privacy and an extension of that their anonymity, over rule defamation or an extension of that "hate crimes"? It is actually an interesting debate, once one focuses on the concepts rather than PRGuy.

It’s higher profile but I don’t think it’s a precedent

Fairly sure other online operators have been requested to provide use info for defamation cases

Whether they have any useful info is another question - it’s simple to sign up and use most social media platforms with a VPN and proton mail.

The law should prevail as another poster said - you can’t expect the same laws of defamation not to apply simply because you’re using a pseudonym.

Of course, the plaintiff in this case is only doing this for other reasons. Plenty of people have said bad things about him using their own names, he hasn’t tried to sue them.

I'm so surprised given the OP was "Regardless of what you may think of PRGuy politically, is this a good thing? Bad thing? Start of the end of online anonymity?"............that so many are looking at the concept from the lens of PRGuys political position.

Should some ones rights for privacy and an extension of that their anonymity, over rule defamation or an extension of that "hate crimes"? It is actually an interesting debate, once one focuses on the concepts rather than PRGuy.
What right to privacy?

People writing under pseudonyms aren't immune from being caught up in a defamation action. There's no such thing as anonymity.

What right to privacy?

People writing under pseudonyms aren't immune from being caught up in a defamation action. There's no such thing as anonymity.

its not ******* hard. want to remain private, dont break the ******* law

Can we do the same to the QAnon online nutjobs please?

no, because they are real humans and not corporations, and as such are not able to be sanctioned by our non-magna carta approved corporate laws

What are the tweets which have provoked the defamation claim ?

it’s a legitimate question. haven’t seen the judge’s statement, but surely it’s incumbent on her to b sure this isn’t just a fishing expedition. defo proceedings r very expensive. where’s he getting the funds?

it’s a legitimate question. haven’t seen the judge’s statement, but surely it’s incumbent on her to b sure this isn’t just a fishing expedition. defo proceedings r very expensive. where’s he getting the funds?

if the judge is giving the nod im assuming its not

"assuming" being the operative word. i'm not sure it's her role to b sure in this instance which is a fault if so.

if we are gunna start bagging judges, lets bag them when we know they are not acting properly. there is no evidence that this is an unreasonable request

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I forget who it was, but i remember one account once was actually a kind of sock puppet for various disgruntled people to post in (USA not here).

make tracking it harder, because the usual tells for tracing leaks got completely confused

Plenty of people have said bad things about him using their own names, he hasn’t tried to sue them.
Because it's not defamation if it is true. As far as I can tell everything PRGuy17 has tweeted about Avi would fall within the realm of truth.

If the identity of the PR Guy is discovered and litigation follows let's hope the applicant is forced to prove his case at trial, with all the possible attendant costs both financial and in other respects. Purely surmising, should the PR Guy set up a Crowd Funding account to cover legal costs it would be oversubscribed.

Did Twitter throw PR Guy under the bus?

Either way, in this case, Twitter isn’t being forced — it agreed to divulge such information. Twitter declined to comment.

Tough one.

In a run of the mill case I don't have much of an issue with it, though in this one context is important and it doesn't sit comfortably with me.

I have little time for PRguy but I have a serious issue with someone like Avi Yemini, a violent convicted criminal with a history of harassment and directing his supporters to follow suit, being able to essentially dox someone and subsequently put the owner in severe danger of being harassed or worse without so much as the case being tested. Especially if the owner of the handle is not even afforded the opportunity to present those concerns before the order

In an ideal world, the court would be provided the identity and the identity only provided to Yemini if the defamation case is upheld.

Last edited:
Tough one.

In a run of the mill case I don't have much of an issue with it, though in this one context is important and it doesn't sit comfortably with me.

I have little time for PRguy but I have a serious issue with someone like Avi Yemini, a violent convicted criminal with a history of harassment and directing his supporters to follow suit, being able to essentially dox someone and subsequently put the owner in severe danger of being harassed or worse without so much as the case being tested. Especially if the owner of the handle is not even afforded the opportunity to present those concerns before the order

In an ideal world, the court would be provided the identity and the identity only provided to Yemini if the defamation case is upheld.
That's all this is about.

Bully s**t.
To send a message to " all who defy him "

Remove this Banner Ad

Back