List Mgmt. Priddis Signs On Again

Remove this Banner Ad

From the " Sunday Times "

Vozzo reckons that Mitchell may play on if the team finishes off the season well and strongly pushing forward , less likely if our form continues to fall away and Vozzo also saying the club understands they cannot go into games with too slow a player group and are monitoring and working on this .

Sounds like the club are acknowledging the situation but as posted previously Priddis contract extension was preemptive sort off.

Then they'd be doing things differently in the first half of this season.

My point is that people here are saying we need to re-build. Yeo is granteda bad example, but trade out or retire all our older guns is what we should do if thats's where the club is at. I don't think that's where we're at.

If that's where the clubs at you don't throw out all the old guns, you do it aggressively if thoughtfully over a 2-3 year period. What you don't do is re-sign players mid year when they're in some of the worst form of their career. You wait till the end of the season and you plan out your off season and try to find short term solutions to stay competitive (Priddis might be needed) and long term strategy to return to contention.

Last edited:

Is it still possible for the club and Priddis to mutually agree to part ways at the end of the year if Priddis's footy keeps on deteriorating?

If Priddis had a clause in his last contract for an automatic extension based on some criteria then no, not a coincidence.

I don't proclaim to know, and I think it is s**t list management to keep him on but as far as the article itself goes - Hagdorn didn't even try to dress it up as though it was based on any inside info.

So yeah, I guess for now some guy on BF whose friend knows Priddis' brother literally has more credibility than Hagdorn.

If Priddis had a clause in his last contract for an automatic extension based on some criteria then no, not a coincidence.

I don't proclaim to know, and I think it is s**t list management to keep him on but as far as the article itself goes - Hagdorn didn't even try to dress it up as though it was based on any inside info.

So yeah, I guess for now some guy on BF whose friend knows Priddis' brother literally has more credibility than Hagdorn.

Ok Hagdorn was probably used by a source to soften the blows for the actual Resigning Of Priddis story ..

Jesus, can anyone actually imagine if priddis played a game in the WAFL as depth now? He absolutely dominated in 2006.

Nowadays he'd have 50 touches a game and 110 metres gained.
He'd actually get a *load of money to be one of those touring country footy player. He would get more coin doing that.

Personally I'd like to see him at EP as a development coach while playing there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm honestly mystified with this whole Priddis / Mitchell situation.

If you evaluate the performance of the first half of the season how do you come up with Priddis deserving a new contract straight away, and Mitchell is the wait and see?

If you evaluate the performance of the first half of the season how do you come up with Priddis deserving a new contract straight away, and Mitchell is the wait and see?
Everyone bar the club and the eagles FB brigade see that Mitchells form has been far superior.

The trigger in his previous contract theory seems to be the most logical explanation.

I think there is enough time left in the careers of those players to win a flag. Priddis won't be a part of that. He's not worthy of a spot this year and nothing will change next year. All of those players you have listed are vital players to the side going forward.

Not sure what point you're making by including a young player in Yeo, that's just odd.
The Club has to cover for injuries though so in my opinion probably that's why Priddis has been signed up for 2018 - more than likely he has been told there's no guarantee he will play at AFL level every week next year so I don't see the problem. The only strange thing is resigning him up mid-season as he could sustain a career ending injury between now and end of season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back