Pride of South London: The CPFC Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Lots of love from the fans (maybe not last week at Anfield) for Julian Speroni who broke the club record for clean sheets on Sunday v Spurs (112 from 370 odd appearances beating Nigel Martyn). Now holds all keeper records at Palace, a real Palace legend. Good onya Jules.
Yeah absolute legend. Would it be crazy to say he's our greatest player of all time? Will be sad when he finally retires for good.

Yeah absolute legend. Would it be crazy to say he's our greatest player of all time? Will be sad when he finally retires for good.

Reasonable comment Milang. Hard to compare keepers and outfield players though. Certainly legendary and loved by the fans and great shot stopper. Jules was MOTM and i met him in the players lounge the only time I've been to Selhurst. I remember early on particularly he copped some criticism for not coping well with some crosses but still a favourite of Palace fans. Nigel Martyn was the 1st keeper i can recall since i've been following palace. Think he was the first million pound keeper?

Another dominant away performance.......if only we could win at home.

Delighted to see a striker in a Palace shirt finish the way Batshuayi did for our 2nd. Not easy to get me out of my chair at 3am on a Sunday but that did. Great goal and a great time to get it. We have often lead / be drawing at half time only to concede in the 45-65 minute period this season so that goal was crucial.

The Max Meyer conundrum? He starts and doesn't quite do the job, then will come on with 20 to go and makes an impact for us. I'm in the "gotta start" camp but was disappointed with him v Burnley.

Wilf did it again and AWB is a star. Hope we can keep AWB for at least another season, but see the Gunners will meet our 40m GBP price in the summer. He is a good Palace boy so will do the right thing by us.

Now for Brighton.........

Wow! Came back from being out of phone signal for the last 6 days to see this result against Arsenal!

Would be good to be able to perform at home and see what really are capable of but happy to stay up for another season. Crazy that weve been up since 2013-2014 when we could never last more than 1 season before that!

Looks like being a different Palace team next season.

Expecting AWB and Wilf to go and even Scott Dann has been mentioned in the transfer goss.

Rather the 2 stars stay but we should collect around 110m GBP for both huge money for us. Bit daunting without Wilf, we've always got a goal in us when he plays.

Season approaching fast.

Gunners were robbed

However stuff em. Officially zero chance of being relegated so we're back to the mid table next year!

Yeh stuff Arsenal. They were awarded a goal at Selhurst earler in the season that had been "headed" on by an outstretched hand so dont feel sorry for them particularly the way they are playing games with the Wilf transfer.

In fact stuff the whole "big 6".

And....stuff Brighton too.

May as well stuff the rest of the PL as well.

COYP.

0-0 at home to start off mediocre result mediocre game.

Hopefully Wilf can settle back in and boost us up forward only played 30 minutes.

My only criticism of Steve Parish is he leaves it leaves our transfer dealings far too late for my liking. 3 new players brought in the last few days means we are never ready to go on MD1. Seems it takes us a few months to wind up.

Still a striker short.

Noticed there are 11 'watchers' to this thread, thinking if we all put in $2m GBP we can buy Palace a decent striker.

At least Ayew has been better this season.

Good news re upgrading the Academy to Category 1 which is an investment in the future.

Will have something to show for our current stint in the PL if we ever do fall through the trap door.

SP hasn't given up on the stand rebuild either.

Seems whenever we have a truckload of injuries we find a player - 2 seasons ago with AWB and this season with Jairo Reidelwald who is improving every week. Now joining in and linking up and looking much more confident at LB.

PVA's hamstring has allowed us to find a good player from under our own noses. Be interesting when PVA comes back - imagine he will resume at LB but Reidelwald may well find a midfield spot now that Roy "trusts" him.

Don't think anybody would have been surprised if Jairo had left over summer, don't think anybody would have noticed or cared.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any of you Palace fans out there going up to watch Palace in Townsville and Brissy in July?

Sadly, just cancelled all my tickets and bookings for this trip.

Hopefully re-arrange to come out in 2021 but doubtful given the next few seasons might be finishing and starting later than usual.

Hey lads,
My team in Greece, Panionios, released this statement in collaboration with Holmesdale Fanatics regarding our seasons tickets. Our supporter bases are very close, and are raising awareness for the oldest (previously) professional football club in Greece.

I believe in order to access this you have to head to Holmesdale Fanatics' page here and click the link in their post here!
Screenshot_20220803-084652_Instagram.jpg Screenshot_20220803-084728_Instagram.jpg Screenshot_20220803-084748_Instagram.jpg
Thank you! 🔵🔴

It's finally happened......Wilf has gone.

Legend of the club, played a big part in us about to start our 11th straight season in the PL.

As daunting as it sounds, I'm OK with him leaving now, being 31, perhaps 2 decent seasons left to fulfil his dream to play in the CL.

I actually think he's a season past his best, he was very injury prone this last season and by far was our biggest salary earner, even if he was no longer our best player.

Good luck, Wilf, will follow you in Turkey. Loved your goals, always thought we had a goal in us when you were playing.

Oh, and that brace in the away play off semi v Brighton will live long in the fans' memory.

It's finally happened......Wilf has gone.

Legend of the club, played a big part in us about to start our 11th straight season in the PL.

As daunting as it sounds, I'm OK with him leaving now, being 31, perhaps 2 decent seasons left to fulfil his dream to play in the CL.

I actually think he's a season past his best, he was very injury prone this last season and by far was our biggest salary earner, even if he was no longer our best player.

Good luck, Wilf, will follow you in Turkey. Loved your goals, always thought we had a goal in us when you were playing.

Oh, and that brace in the away play off semi v Brighton will live long in the fans' memory.
Yeah I'm fine with him leaving. He's served the club well and tbh I'd love to see how he goes elsewhere now!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back