Pride of South London: The CPFC Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully Wilf is fit but even so, given he has missed 3 weeks, he'll start on the bench. Might be handy to come on after an hour if we are a goal down. I like your team Bazza and agree with it. Have been calling for Gayle to partner Wickham all season as I think he can feed off Wickham's flicks and headers. No point playing one up front, we are not trying to nick a point here. Nice to start as big underdogs (don't we every week?). Hopefully all of our big names enjoyed their week off when we went to Southampton and are nice and fresh.

Yeah fingers crossed on wilf, from memory he played ******* brilliantly against man utd last time we played them. cut them open down the right a heap of times with his wizardry, and yeah gayle feeding off wickham is hopefully how we go about it and then bring on big ads later in the game if we need a goal.
Yeah i think man u have got alot more to lose than we do here especially considering they're expected to win, It's the one good thing Van gay could take out of the year if Man u can get the cup.

A proper trophy would be ******* huge for the mighty palace, and correct me if im wrong but will this not be the first time palace have played a euro comp if we can get the win?

Yeah I'm pretty sure it will be. We finished third in 1990-91 but no spot in Europe for third that year :(

Yep, missed out that year, don't think any English side played in Europe the next season - think all English sides were banned because of violence off the pitch (if my memory serves me well!). Happy to be corrected.

Don't think you can count the Anglo - Italian Cup back in the day.......

Yep, missed out that year, don't think any English side played in Europe the next season - think all English sides were banned because of violence off the pitch (if my memory serves me well!). Happy to be corrected.

Don't think you can count the Anglo - Italian Cup back in the day.......
I think it was only a partial ban at that stage, so the top two got spots in Europe but third didn't.

I think it was only a partial ban at that stage, so the top two got spots in Europe but third didn't.

Isn't that just typical?

Just starting to talk about the final...........didn't think we played at all well, maybe just the occasion and a bit of stage fright. Thought we were unlucky when Dann got injured and we couldn't use Adebayor up front with Gayle which was probably the plan. At least we lost to a good goal and not a contentious penalty or an off-side goal. Fell perfectly for Lingeard, hit it well. Palace fans there were just enormous and made a lot more noise and much more enthusiastic thatn the other mob.

Any comments on the professional fouls on Wickham and Bolasie where advantage wasn't paid?

Happy with our summer business so far fellow Palacesonians?

Mandanda, Townsend and Tomkins all fill holes in our squad but still desperate for a proven striker with Gayle gone. Hopes for Benteke are high but 30m GBP is a LOT of money Palace has never had or spent on one player. Still need an AM apart from a striker.

Thoughts?

Happy with our summer business so far fellow Palacesonians?

Mandanda, Townsend and Tomkins all fill holes in our squad but still desperate for a proven striker with Gayle gone. Hopes for Benteke are high but 30m GBP is a LOT of money Palace has never had or spent on one player. Still need an AM apart from a striker.

Thoughts?
Pretty good so far. A bit worried about the amount for benteke that is a huge amount for us but im guessing Parish and Co know what theyre doing. Exciting times.

How are my fellow Palacetonians feeling about the new season?

I think we are still a striker or two and an AM away from being a decent EPL side, hope Benteke eventually signs and we get another. Happy with the signings so far and hope Bolasie stays. There was several games last season where he looked to be the only Palace player capable of scoring. Hoping for mid-table and a good start. Hoping Cabaye can find his flee flowing football again and Wickham can stay fit. Come on Eagles!!

Good old Selhurst Park, love it but it needs some love and some $ put into it. A 35-40k capacity would help catapult Palace to become an established EPL club. Spend money to make money - as long as we don't lose its charm.

Well.....thank goodness that dismal run has ended.

Benteke seems to be knocking in a few now and hopefully the back four with Delaney restored can get us back to our defensive best. Desperately short of adequate cover though with Souare out of action.

Genuinely feel Cabaye gets a rough deal from our supporters and still think he is the best midfielder we have. Probably has fallen short of expectations, but still pretty very decent.

Need the "run" to continue at Hull, still think we will be OK by May.

Anything more on the SP upgrade, Milang? Havent seen anything more since your last post.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well.....thank goodness that dismal run has ended.

Benteke seems to be knocking in a few now and hopefully the back four with Delaney restored can get us back to our defensive best. Desperately short of adequate cover though with Souare out of action.

Genuinely feel Cabaye gets a rough deal from our supporters and still think he is the best midfielder we have. Probably has fallen short of expectations, but still pretty very decent.

Need the "run" to continue at Hull, still think we will be OK by May.

Anything more on the SP upgrade, Milang? Havent seen anything more since your last post.
Yeah havent really heard anymore about the stadium since then.
I hate that the PL isnt on foxtel this season, like i can find a way to watch it online but its just not as enjoyable as watching it on the TV. I just end up find a radio broadcast and listening to that (not that its been a bad season to miss seeing games).

Yeah havent really heard anymore about the stadium since then.
I hate that the PL isnt on foxtel this season, like i can find a way to watch it online but its just not as enjoyable as watching it on the TV. I just end up find a radio broadcast and listening to that (not that its been a bad season to miss seeing games).

I miss the Foxtel coverage too, although I gotta say I have more energy on Sundays these days rather than getting up at 2am and going to bed (half the time grumpy) at 4am. I tend to depend on a live score App staring at it, waiting for its update every minute.

I hope this venture into the PL leaves a lasting legacy with a SP upgrade, seem a shame if we don't benefit from the $ before the inevitable happens.

Well nows the time to get behind the boys! Crazy to think that one win and we could be in 15th but we need to start getting more results soon (even if its draws against the bigger clubs). We do have a shocking run home though as well which doesnt help.

Hopefully will be seeing you boys next season in the PL! :)

Don't like the man but Big Sam is as good as a manager to have in a relegation battle. Hopefully can do the job for you guys.

Milang_Panthers how did Sakho go I'm his first two games? Noticed they were both clean sheets :)

Sakho, along with the 3 other January signings have helped turn us around, particularly Sakho. Palace fans are loving his composure and assuredness on the ball and if Klopp doesn't want him we'll take him. A 5 year loan would be very handy!

Sakho, along with the 3 other January signings have helped turn us around, particularly Sakho. Palace fans are loving his composure and assuredness on the ball and if Klopp doesn't want him we'll take him. A 5 year loan would be very handy!

You can imagine how frustrating it is for us LFC fans that Lucas is playing while Sakho is beasting it for you guys :)

He still wants back in at LFC so he may well play out of his skin for you guys to prove a point. Unfortunately I don't think his relationship with Klopp can be mended so its likely we will sell in summer for around £20m which is a steal for a player of his ability / age.

Hopefully he saves you guys from the drop :)

Am glad he won't be playing against us!!!

You can imagine how frustrating it is for us LFC fans that Lucas is playing while Sakho is beasting it for you guys :)

He still wants back in at LFC so he may well play out of his skin for you guys to prove a point. Unfortunately I don't think his relationship with Klopp can be mended so its likely we will sell in summer for around £20m which is a steal for a player of his ability / age.

Hopefully he saves you guys from the drop :)

Am glad he won't be playing against us!!!

Milang_Panther and I will pass the hat around, although 20m GBP would be a bargain in this day and age.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back