Pride of South London: The CPFC Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Am shocked with Big Sam's departure, we'll see if he sticks with his explanation of "whilst young enough to enjoy my life and family" or whether he'll jump on board somewhere else. Hopefully not due to disagreement over finances with Palace's wage bill spiralling this year (relatively speaking) with Cabaye, Benteke and Sakho commanding big wages and with Wilf's supposed huge new offer.

Sad also with the probable departure of his back room staff, such as Sammy Lee who appeared to make a huge difference on and off the pitch since he arrived.

Where do we go from here?

Come on Mr.Parish, get us a Manager.

Nothing happens quickly at the Palace. Time is ticking. Plenty of names thrown about.

Be nice to finalise this so we can start some signing, although after our big spend in January, think the $ might be a bit tighter this time. Sadly think we wont get Sakho. That leaves plenty of holes in the squad.

Frank De Boer, hey?

Hope is true. Supposedly offered the job, hopefully he accepts. Hope he's not hanging out for the Southampton job and he doesn't consider us 2nd choice.

First foreign, non-UK manager for palace? I recall Atillio Lombrado was caretaker manager back in the late 90s. Can't recall any others.

Would be a ripper appointment! Wanted FDB at the Toon a few years ago. Instead we got the wally with the brolly lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reports in UK suggesting the Board are to have showdown talks already with FdB. Seems they don't believe Palace have the players to successfully play the way Fdb wants (3-4-3). Interesting, it certainly isn't working ATM.

A goal!!!!! And even more importantly 3 points, i dont think wilf realises how much a natural leader he is. Really lifts the team

Relief hey Milang? Wilf is our most important player now by a mile, he's matured and his finishing is much better. Certainly makes seasoned defenders nervous when he runs at them. Very impressed also with Andros Townsend lately, even in our trips to Manchester, he's really lifted his work rate. Cabaye also going well and Sakho, apart from that back heel in our box in the 91st minute.

Nice not to see zeros next to our name. Got to say, I love beating Chelsea. They still sound shocked but we have beaten them in each of the last 3 seasons and in 4 of the 5 since we came up.

Be nice to get a result at Newcastle this week too.

Just as I was about to turn off the telly and spend the rest of the night tossing and turning in a grumpy mood..............up steps Wilf. Dominated 2nd half and nothing more than we deserved, a poster, a bar and Joe Hart's outstretched arm that wasn't a "save" as such, thought it was never going in for us.

Have watched a couple of ordinary sides the last 2 weeks, a lot of mediocrity in the Prem this year (including us, lol), we can still get out of this - if we get a bloody striker.

Nice to see the home fans and the players with a smile at the end.

Very disappointed with only a point v the Toffees who were poor particularly in the first half. Thought we played some very decent football with our 69% possession and passing rate of 82% both impressive.

Undone by a shitty penalty and defensive error. Rather ironic when Everton hacked at us and knocked us down all night committing 26 fouls and they are the ones who get the soft penalty.

We can get out of this. We are good enough if Benteke can start knocking in a few.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back