PRIDE Shockwave 06!

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh Furious One

Club Legend
Jul 14, 2002
Altona South
Oh man, I'm so pumped for this.

Yesterday they announced some official names for the Shockwave card and I have to say, it is looking stacked already. So many possibilities, it will be very interesting to see who will face who when they’re organized.

Fedor Emelianenko
Mark Hunt
Mirko CroCop
Josh Barnett
Wanderlei Silva
Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
Hidehiko Yoshida
Kazuyuki Fujita
Takanori Gomi
Mauricio Rua
Dan Henderson

From those confirmed names, this has potential for being one of PRIDES best cards if they book it right. I’ll be interested to see who Hunt fights. Fedor could fight any one of Big Nog, CroCop and Barnett.

From some of those names i'd like to see:

Fedor Emelianenko vs Mirko CroCop
Josh Barnett vs Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
Mark Hunt vs Kazuyuki Fujita

I'd also like to see Wandy,Dan,Gomi all actually defend their titles.

A Rua/Wandy vs Yoshida match could happen, The Japanese would love that.

http://www.prideofficial.com/

Fedor Emelianenko will be defending his title against Mark Hunt. Unreal match up, as I posted on Sherdog, I wasn’t expecting this just yet, maybe sometime down the track but not now. I can see Fedor taking this easily with a sub, unless Hunt has been working his ground game extensively, but he still has a chance, in my opinion.

It would be ridiculously crazy if Hunt defeats Fedor for the title. I will literally be speechless for a few days. This isn’t because I don’t rate Hunt, I’m a big fan. It’s because he only has a punchers chance against Fedor and the fact that Fedor being defeated really hasn’t crossed my mind. Fedor has only fought once in like a year, there may be a bit of rust, so it’ll be very interesting to see how it pans out.

I’m going with a submission victory to Fedor, should be an entertaining fight. Hunt has an iron chin and has never been knocked out. Could Fedor possibly be the first to do it?

http://www.prideofficial.com/

Fedor Emelianenko will be defending his title against Mark Hunt. ...

I can see Fedor taking this easily with a sub,

I agree!

It would be ridiculously crazy if Hunt defeats Fedor for the title.

I agree. Hunt is a tough nut, but Fedor is on another level entirely.

Hunt has an iron chin and has never been knocked out. Could Fedor possibly be the first to do it?

Yes he could definatley knock hunt out! But I think a sub is more likely.

Cant wait for the fight!

Nobody without a sledgehammer can KO Hunt the guy just doesnt goto sleep. Fedor wont be dumb enough to stand with Hunt either, Hunt is world class on the feet and he'll get a sub locked in quickly.

Well, Cro Cop is officially off the card due to his recent surgery, which sucks. This is even more so interesting with all the latest rumors about being approached and him jumping ship to the UFC, not to mention the constant, but not solid rumors about the financial troubles of PRIDE.

I wonder who’ll replace him on the card?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back