Autopsy Pridham v fat head live on fox footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Heard some audio clips from it on SEN this morning. They praised Pridham for his views on the greater good of the game and the NSW market. Also mentioned again that Eddie is the voice of the Victorian clubs and then played a clip of the fathead bragging about how the smaller clubs come grovelling to Collingwood because the AFL don't listen to them.

Isn't that just another way of saying that Collingwood and Eddie have far too much pull within the AFL if their club has more sway than any other?

Heard some audio clips from it on SEN this morning. They praised Pridham for his views on the greater good of the game and the NSW market. Also mentioned again that Eddie is the voice of the Victorian clubs and then played a clip of the fathead bragging about how the smaller clubs come grovelling to Collingwood because the AFL don't listen to them.

Isn't that just another way of saying that Collingwood and Eddie have far too much pull within the AFL if their club has more sway than any other?
There is something very sick at the heart of the VFL. No wonder Melbourne fans are so easily upset.

Any analysis of anything Eddie says comes back to one single thing. He is petrified of Sydney becoming a more powerful entity, on and off field, than Collingwood.

I've got news for Eddie. The 70s ended 35 years ago. Carlton, Collingwood, and Essendon are just clubs in a League. No better than any other club. The other clubs no longer exist purely for the Collingwoods of the world to get their rocks off in September. And if Collingwood don't change their outlook, they will wind up exactly where Carlton are right now.

Take this to the bank. Buckley is Ratten. Collingwood aren't as good as they think they are. When they don't make the finals this year or next, they will offload Buckley and get the biggest name in town. And the biggest name in town won't be able to save them because their problems go much deeper than a coach getting a talented list to a Premiership. And Eddie is a big part of those problems.

Three of them (barring Gerard) were very reasonable, Ill leave it to you to figure it out.

I want equalisation, but we should be absolved of any responsibility because we bring in money

Koch: How about the GF isnt played on a home ground?
Eddie: B-but i didnt make that deal!

The hypocrisy is astounding. I get they have a vested interest in their club, but what kind of mental gymnastics does one need to do to have a mind as contorted as Eddie?

Eddie annoyed me when he argued that all the advantages Collingwood get should be kept in place because it was good for ratings and good for the TV rights. He did not seem to understand, or did not want to understand, that giving the smaller clubs better access to good time slots would help them grow the game as well.

Freo Fanatics has come through for us.

He always does. Always uploads fox afl news, strongly recommend you guys follow him.

Eddie annoyed me when he argued that all the advantages Collingwood get should be kept in place because it was good for ratings and good for the TV rights. He did not seem to understand, or did not want to understand, that giving the smaller clubs better access to good time slots would help them grow the game as well.

He had just argued that Collingwood should not have to share a profit because other clubs cant compete

then he went on with some rubbish about dont let collingwood fall behind Melbourne Victory

Ohh Collingwood agreed to play at the MCG to get afl out of the prelim deal

Lets move the grand final... hey i didnt do that deal

Basically Eds views are below- correct me if i have mis summarised

Collingwood have an advantage with the fixture and allocation of time slots but its helps them make more money which is best for all so they have to have this inequality

Collingwood should not have to share money though afl should help clubs achieve profit - without changing above inequalities in Collingwoods favor that are good for the game but he wont share those profits

Whilst we want NSW and QLD to be successful we cant have them have any perceived draft or salary cap concession that sort of "advantage" is unfair unlike the necessary advantages above

Suburban clubs like Carlton and Essendon will drive the next TV rights not the northern states with 52% of the population

Salary cap should be equal for all and the draft equal access for all that

Collingwood speak for all the vic clubs- Peter Gordon says most of his arguments are with the Pies- but he didnt really address that

Spending on coaching departments, training facilities etc doesnt need to be looked at, dont worry if collingwood have more to spend then other clubs

He had just argued that Collingwood should not have to share a profit because other clubs cant compete

then he went on with some rubbish about dont let collingwood fall behind Melbourne Victory

Ohh Collingwood agreed to play at the MCG to get afl out of the prelim deal

Lets move the grand final... hey i didnt do that deal

Basically Eds views are below- correct me if i have mis summarised

Collingwood have an advantage with the fixture and allocation of time slots but its helps them make more money which is best for all so they have to have this inequality

Collingwood should not have to share money though afl should help clubs achieve profit - without changing above inequalities in Collingwoods favor that are good for the game but he wont share those profits

Whilst we want NSW and QLD to be successful we cant have them have any perceived draft or salary cap concession that sort of "advantage" is unfair unlike the necessary advantages above

Suburban clubs like Carlton and Essendon will drive the next TV rights not the northern states with 52% of the population

Salary cap should be equal for all and the draft equal access for all that

Collingwood speak for all the vic clubs- Peter Gordon says most of his arguments are with the Pies- but he didnt really address that

Spending on coaching departments, training facilities etc doesnt need to be looked at, dont worry if collingwood have more to spend then other clubs

That sums it up nicely.

I am surprised more people are not talking about this programme as it was really interesting. The most interesting football related programme I have seen in some time.

That sums it up nicely.

I am surprised more people are not talking about this programme as it was really interesting. The most interesting football related programme I have seen in some time.

people will still side with Eddie is the dumb part

other vic clubs fans especially dont seem to care he is robbing them blind

collingwoods sweetheart deals are much more of an advantage than COLA and academies IMO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think Eddie was too egregious in this show but it did certainly highlight some of the biggest reasons people despise him. Most notably his shameless ignoring of his conflict of interest. He is the President of Collingwood and should be allowed, within reason, to do what he can for the betterment of his club. But he uses his huge media presence to advocate for his club over others and, even further, he has now taken on the self-annointed title of "Guardian of the Poor Clubs" which he uses as almost a UN kind of power within the AFL to make it look like he's fighting for the other clubs while ensuring the circumstances in which those clubs exist benefits his club as much as possible.

He's taken it upon himself to supposedly help the other clubs when it really is his own club he gives a s**t about. And there's nothing wrong with him doing what he can to help his club but there is with him trying to paint himself as some auturistic defender of the battlers.

Don't grow the pie, grow the Pies. Very apt line by Pridham.

I don't think Eddie was too egregious in this show but it did certainly highlight some of the biggest reasons people despise him. Most notably his shameless ignoring of his conflict of interest. He is the President of Collingwood and should be allowed, within reason, to do what he can for the betterment of his club. But he uses his huge media presence to advocate for his club over others and, even further, he has now taken on the self-annointed title of "Guardian of the Poor Clubs" which he uses as almost a UN kind of power within the AFL to make it look like he's fighting for the other clubs while ensuring the circumstances in which those clubs exist benefits his club as much as possible.

He's taken it upon himself to supposedly help the other clubs when it really is his own club he gives a s**t about. And there's nothing wrong with him doing what he can to help his club but there is with him trying to paint himself as some auturistic defender of the battlers.

Don't grow the pie, grow the Pies. Very apt line by Pridham.

I would respect him a lot more if he just said all I care about is Collingwood and thats my focus and I will do all i can to better Collingwoods lot in the game

it would be like ok, go for it whatever mate thats fine.

Besides talking over the top of everyone the only major issue I had with eddie in this was his equalisation argument made no sense, maybe someone can correct me.

Eddie: Equalisation is wrong, AFL should try and get more in the pot for everyone, pies shouldn't have to pay anyone a cent.

Peter Gordon/Kochie: Ok you dont get all blockbuster timeslots you get same amount of 1pm sunday etc as everyone else.

Eddie: Yeah but then thats not building the pot, you arent maximising the cash.....

Ok, so he wants to maximise the cash... but doesnt want to share.... Peter Gordon actually said, ok well we will play those times, we accept you make more money and we get some from AFL so we accept it, if we didnt wtf do we give up those fri night/sat games.

Well that point and also eddie saying that getting essendon and carlton good is more important than growing the game in the north WTF mate its not the VFL anymore.

Excellent effort by Pridham, used facts very well, looked like an intelligent person not the loud foaming at the mouth self important buffoon that Eddie is.

Eddie showed himself to bandy around half baked idea and philosophies and not let real; FACTS get in the way of emotions.

We have an allie in Koch, another intelligent man that sees the big picture. Gordon has small club syndrome but looks to stand up to Eddie a bit as well as licking his boots, the latter must be because Eddie stands up to the AFL on behalf of the little clubs - what piffle!

Want a good laugh, visit the thread on this on the Collingwood board, they are as stupid as fat Eddie.

people will still side with Eddie is the dumb part

other vic clubs fans especially dont seem to care he is robbing them blind

collingwoods sweetheart deals are much more of an advantage than COLA and academies IMO

Theres a shitty mentality in this country where people would actually side with an organisation or party that will screw them in the long run just so they can spite people. It happens in the AFL a lot as well, especially with victorians. As long as those pesky arrogant interstaters know their place in the VFL Ed can speak for them and collingwood can benefit for robbing the poorer clubs.

I hate how ingrained the whole culture of barracking for nearly everything has become in aust. You are either on team austyralia or you're dirty jihad dole bludging uni student who sips lattes all day and eats quinoa.

lol at pies board take

Ed absolutely dominated it tonight on Fox Footy's presidents' roundtable (a great initiative by Fox Footy, should do more of these).

He was convincing, particularly when he shot down Peter Gordon's argument for a tax on the rich clubs.

Some interesting comments he made:
  • Collingwood represents the Melbourne clubs that don't have a voice
  • Equalisation should not be about bringing rich clubs down, but building poorer clubs up, through AFL money and an AFL business model, not from Collingwood handouts
  • The draft and the salary cap are at the core of equalisation, not taxes
  • Clubs should be in the know concerning illegal drug use by players (all agreed with him on the table)
  • Club interests rank below the interests of the AFL and players (looks like he'll be fighting hard against AFLPA's push for a significant player pay raise in upcoming negotiations)
  • Victoria is the key to the next TV rights negotiations, not NSW/QLD, need to get Essendon and Carlton up and running (others disagreed, said development in NSW/QLD is the highest priority - I tend to agree on this with the other presidents)
  • FIFA on Playstation is a great threat to the AFL, need to be proactive in keeping the community engaged and excited
  • The competition should let Collingwood be Collingwood, and not drag it down and allow Melbourne Victory to become the biggest sporting club in Australia (referring to WB's tax push)

Theres a shitty mentality in this country where people would actually side with an organisation or party that will screw them in the long run just so they can spite people. It happens in the AFL a lot as well, especially with victorians. As long as those pesky arrogant interstaters know their place in the VFL Ed can speak for them and collingwood can benefit for robbing the poorer clubs.

I hate how ingrained the whole culture of barracking for nearly everything has become in aust. You are either on team austyralia or you're dirty jihad dole bludging uni student who sips lattes all day and eats quinoa.

This is so well said.
People have praised capitalism as teh system to get everyone wealthier etc etc - but it has now been proven as a measn t make a small group of people obscenely rich whilst everyone else is losing jobs and borrowing more to get by.

Eddie is the classic lying "capitalist" - "I am the champion of the small clubs" when, in reality, he just wants to make Collingwood the big dog, build his own profile - and everyone else is made weaker.

This is so well said.
People have praised capitalism as teh system to get everyone wealthier etc etc - but it has now been proven as a measn t make a small group of people obscenely rich whilst everyone else is losing jobs and borrowing more to get by.

Eddie is the classic lying "capitalist" - "I am the champion of the small clubs" when, in reality, he just wants to make Collingwood the big dog, build his own profile - and everyone else is made weaker.

Collingwood is the PERFECT example of why "trickle-down economics" is not a real thing! They have in-built advantages that "should" trickle down through the system but it doesn't, it just goes back into profits for the club, better facilities, coaches, investments to make more money.. A true trickle-down economic system would have it going back into the greater system (AFL) to make it stronger!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back