Prime Minister Press Release

• Thread starter PM's Media Unit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Remove this Banner Ad

P

PM's Media Unit

UN-AUSTRALIAN SELECTION

The Prime Minister, The Honourable John Howard MP this afternoon ratified an agreement, setting up a police inquiry into the selection of Mr. Simon Katich of Western Australia into the Australian One Day Cricket Team in place of New South Wales based Australian Captain Mr. Steven Waugh.

"The selection of a non New South Welshman in the Australian squad is down right
un-Australian" Mr Howard said. "For the Australian Selectors too overlook the talents of the likes of Corey Richards and Graeme Rummans, in favour of a player from one of the lesser colonies is a scandal and I have called the Australian Federal Police to drop all their current investigations to look into this horrendous matter"

The Prime Minister also wishes to pass on his congratulations to the newly appointed
Australian One Day Captain Mr. Adam Gilchrist. "It hasn't been easy for the Australian people to accept Adam Gilchrist as the temporary captain, but he is a born and bred New South Welshman who no doubt will return to the Premier State when his career is over. So I ask for the Australian people to support his temporary reign"

For General Release
15 January 2001

Very Funny! But seriosly, welldone to Katich. It is very well desreved. I also noted that he presents himself well. He speaks to the media in a very good way.

The selection of Katich won me $50, so I'm pretty happy with the selectors choice!
smile.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back