M29

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 31, 2001
Essendon
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Dons
I actually didn't mind some of his stuff. Diamonds and Pearls and that Love symbol album were good. I think 7 is one of the best songs he has written. Does anyone else out there like him?

Originally posted by M29
I actually didn't mind some of his stuff. Diamonds and Pearls and that Love symbol album were good. I think 7 is one of the best songs he has written. Does anyone else out there like him?

Can't the poxy little dwarf play something like 30 different instruments? Amazing stuff.

Not a huge rap for his music, but it's not toooooo bad. :eek:

"She's got a raaaaaaaaasberry beret, I think I looooooooove her!"

Loved the Princeman. God I'm a dag... :( :D

The Hitman

Don't mind him - not really my cuppa tea, but he's definitely a talented guy.

I actually had a jam session with the guy he co-wrote 'Purple Rain' with (SB does some blatant name-dropping! haha!;) ) a few years ago when he (and his band) came to Sydney.

I neglected to mention that I really dislike that particular song though!

Nah, can't stand the little weasel. Don't like his music or his squeaky voice, and as for him personally - yuk! My opinion is coloured though because a lot of the girls I went to school with were madly in love with him and raved on about him all day long - I could just never see the attraction. He's revolting (similar to Mick Jagger, both skinny ugly little men)!

The guy is a musical genius. I've always loved his stuff, but thought he was an odd looking little man. Until I saw him in concert! The way he moved, danced and just his whole attitude was amazing. He was sex on legs! Funny how some people can do that.

Purple Rain is his BEST song.

I'm a fan.

He covers all bases: pop, rock, funk, beautiful ballads and I would have to say he's my favourite song writer. I live by a lot of his lyrics and its eerie sometimes the way a line can just pop into my head to sum up a feeling. Lately I'm haunted by the line out of Thieves In The Temple:
Voices from the sky say rely on your best friend to pull u through
But even if I wanted 2 I couldn't really truely 'cause my only friend is u

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like Prince, he's very, very talented, a musical genius even. Though some of his songs can be hit and miss, some of them I love, some of them I loathe. But, all in all I like his music, he's got a tremendous range in musical ability and genres.

My favourite verse of Prince's comes from his song Peach :

Either way, she's a winner
She'd turn a gay preacher,
into a sinner
The one you want ya momma to meet
She's a Peach

Ahh, now that's a brilliant verse! :D

Originally posted by Sydneyfan
My favourite verse of Prince's comes from his song Peach :

Either way, she's a winner
She'd turn a gay preacher,
into a sinner
The one you want ya momma to meet
She's a Peach

Ahh, now that's a brilliant verse! :D

I'd have picked the bit about how her hot pants can't hide her cheeks! :D

One of the true musical visionaries of our time.
His breadth of work is astonishing.
In his prime, you would be hard pressed to find a more prolific songwriter.
But disappointly there seems to be a general tendency to dismiss Prince without giving his music a fair go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back